Shark In The Water by V.V. Brown | Teen Ink

Shark In The Water by V.V. Brown

By Molly Glick SILVER, Short Hills, New Jersey
Molly Glick SILVER, Short Hills, New Jersey

'I envy anyone with rainbow
knee socks. I can't find any!'

I have been very disappointed with modern music, mostly our generation. However, some talented artists shine and continue to be diamonds in the rough, with a sound that is soulful and meaningful, despite artists that create music that does not inspire or change others, and simply stands in with other sugar-coated singles. One example of this is V.V. Brown. Her music is rich and reminisces Aretha Franklin and other strong female artists from that era, with a delightful modern twist that doesn’t make you want to switch to another song on the radio. It has a different meaning from most songs, and isn’t what you’d typically expect from a singer her age. Her popular new single “Shark In The Water” is highly enjoyable. I recommend it to young girls who AREN’T impressed by Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, and The Jonas Brothers, and have an eccentric taste in music.

What is ironic is I discovered this song by watching The Hills. I was flipping channels and watched for a minute or two to listen to the song.