Shark In The Water by V.V. Brown | Teen Ink

Shark In The Water by V.V. Brown

February 27, 2010
By Molly Glick SILVER, Short Hills, New Jersey
Molly Glick SILVER, Short Hills, New Jersey
9 articles 2 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
'I envy anyone with rainbow
knee socks. I can't find any!'


I have been very disappointed with modern music, mostly our generation. However, some talented artists shine and continue to be diamonds in the rough, with a sound that is soulful and meaningful, despite artists that create music that does not inspire or change others, and simply stands in with other sugar-coated singles. One example of this is V.V. Brown. Her music is rich and reminisces Aretha Franklin and other strong female artists from that era, with a delightful modern twist that doesn’t make you want to switch to another song on the radio. It has a different meaning from most songs, and isn’t what you’d typically expect from a singer her age. Her popular new single “Shark In The Water” is highly enjoyable. I recommend it to young girls who AREN’T impressed by Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, and The Jonas Brothers, and have an eccentric taste in music.


The author's comments:
What is ironic is I discovered this song by watching The Hills. I was flipping channels and watched for a minute or two to listen to the song.