Valentine's Day Play List by Various Artist | Teen Ink

Valentine's Day Play List by Various Artist

January 4, 2011
By Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York
Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York
47 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Valentine's Day is here once again. Little kids are handing each other homemade valentines, florists have stocked their stores full of long-stemmed roses, stores are stocking their shelves with pounds and pounds of heart shaped chocolates that will go straight to your hips when consumed, but, all in all, valentines, roses, and chocolates are signs of love when given to your significant other that you're madly in love with. Whether you're in a relationship or not, you still deserve to sit down and enjoy a big box of chocolates and this Valentine's Day play list.

#1. "Our Kind of Love" by Lady Antebellum. This sweet new hit from country's super band is equal parts country and rock mixed with uplifting lyrics and an awesome piano solo that brings you into the full being of the song.

#2. "You and I" by Alex Band featuring Santana. With Santana's signature guitar licks and solos and Alex Band's awesome vocals leading the way, it's no wonder why this duet is a total classic.

#3. "It's Alright, It's Okay" by Ashley Tisdale is for all of those people who are going through a breakup and realize that they have to be strong enough to move on. Ashley leaves her pop roots and kicks it up a notch with a powerful rock beat and strong vocals.

#4. "With or Without You" by U2. This is a love song that has stood the test of time with soft vocals, a haunting tone, and relatable lyrics.

#5. "Jump Then Fall" by Taylor Swift. No Valentine's Day play list would be complete without a track from the queen of relationship songs. Taylor shows off her signature country/rock sound while giving us relatable lyrics and an awesome bridge to boot.

#6. "Single Ladies" by Beyonce is for all of us girls who don't need a man to feel independent. With a bouncy, daceable beat, it's the perfect song to dance around to with your friends. Even if you're not a big fan of R&B, you won't be able to resist this classic Beyonce hit. If you want to do the dance that accompanies this award winning hit, be sure to check out Beyonce's praise-worthy music video, and while you're at it, check out Joe Jonas's video for this song as well, proving that even guys can dance in pumps.

#7. ""Love Remains the Same" by Gavin Rossdale. Rossdale's super-hit about finding true love that you once had but now lost is beautifully done with a heart grabbing mix of acoustic guitar and piano, which fits Gavin's raw rock voice perfectly to create a power ballad that will be played for decades and decades to come.

#8. "Gonna Get Better" by Jimmy Robbins is an awesome soft rock love anthem by this young up-and-comer. With intricate lyrics and an easy going feeling, your finger will be pressing the replay button again and again.

#9. "Hey, Princess" by Allstar Weekend. Even when Valentine's Day is over, you'll still be blasting this upbeat love song from your speakers. Allstar Weekend has taken their high-rising stardom and created a feel-good techno/rock hit that will keep them on top of the music business for a very long time.

#10. "X-Girlfriend" by Family Force 5. These guys take their unique blend of techno and heavy rock beats to create a fusion of dancing delight with funny and relatable lyrics. Sing-along sound bits sprinkled throughout the song are an added plus.

#11. "How You Love Me Now" by Hey Monday brings that classic pop/rock sound while creating their own energetic formula of deep yet high flying vocals and catchy choruses.

#12. "Myspace Girl" by The Afters is a melodic pop/rock sing-along that shares a vivid story of a dream love that will probably never be in real life. With an infectious beat and chorus, it's perfect for any play list.

#13. "Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News. With it's sixties beat, sweet guitar solo, and a drive from a band of saxophones, this classic rock hit is still going strong.

#14. "Speak Now" by Taylor Swift. I know I already put one Taylor wift song on this play list, but I couldn't help myself. So, anyway, "Speak Now" is not only the name of Taylor's crowd pleasing album, it's also the name of one out of the fourteen amazing tracks on this album. With sarcastic comical lyrics and a slow yet fast paced speed, Taylor has created another hit to add to her already substantial list of chart toppers.


Whether you're eating chocolate, talking to your significant other, watching a romantic comedy, or maybe even listening to some of these awesome jams listed above, have a wonderful Valentine's Day. Enjoy!