Never Say Never: The Remixes by Justin Bieber | Teen Ink

Never Say Never: The Remixes by Justin Bieber

By alyssabeliebs21 PLATINUM, LaGrange, Illinois
alyssabeliebs21 PLATINUM, LaGrange, Illinois

Never say never

If “Belieber” was a word in the dictionary, it’d probably be defined as an incredibly dedicated and die-hard fan of the teenage pop icon, Justin Bieber. Although these fans may seem outrageously obsessed with the 17-year-old Canadian cutie, there is definitely some legitimate reason behind being so crazy about him. Last February, Bieber released his highly anticipated- but, in most males’ cases, extremely dreaded- movie, "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never 3D". Three days later, Bieber released his album Never Say Never: The Remixes, a Valentine’s Day gift to his fans. The album consists of remixes of songs off his previous album, My World 2.0. Each song is redone with a well-known artist, such as Chris Brown, Usher, and a live performance with Miley Cyrus. The album has something for all music tastes, a remarkable blend of musical talent.

The album begins with the upbeat and moving song Never Say Never, which is performed with actor Will Smith's son, Jaden. It emanates the inspiring message to dream big and believe in anything. This underlying theme is present throughout the whole album, showing how a kid from a small town in Canada can have achieve opportunity to work with such big names by following his dreams. Wrapping up the message is Bieber's new song “Born To Be Somebody”, where he empowers the message “Feel it, believe it, dream it, be it”. Bieber's heartening lyrics can boost the spirits of listeners of any age. The only disapproving aspect of this album are the rapping styles of Kanye West in the remix of Runaway Love. The formally beautifully sung verses of the song were poorly replaced with the low quality raps, whose words sometimes couldn't even come together to make sense. Certain lines of Kanye's raps show too mature, and borderline inappropriate, for Bieber's younger fan-base.

Stretching from rappers, Bieber's collaboration with Rascal Flatts proves most powerful of the songs, with its nomination at the CMT Music Awards for Collaborative Video of the Year. The mellow acoustic beginning gradually transitions into a stronger pop-country blend. The new bridge of the song was powerfully recharged to emphasize the lyrics “Should I fight for love, or disarm? / It's getting harder to shield / It's paining my heart”. This album easily confirms that Bieber has more than just “swag” and a hot iconic hair-do, but serious talent to back it up.

I wrote this article for my journalism class and wanted to share it farther than my classmates and friends.