Lost in the Sound of Separaration | Teen Ink

Lost in the Sound of Separaration

Lost in the Sound of Separation
Great, fantastic, best yet. Those are just some words that can describe Underoath’s new album Lost in the Sound of Separation. The Christian metal band from Florida released their new album on September 2nd, 2008. It is much more heavy and a lot darker that their previous album, Define the Great Lines. After around one week of being released, it has hit #8 on the Top Billboard Charts and has sold over 56,000 copies. A must buy. Front man Spencer Chamberlain’s vocals are amazing. Aaron Gillespie’s bass drums are absolutely insane! If u liked their old stuff, you are going to fall in love with this 11 track album. With songs such as “The Only Survivor Was Miraculously Unharmed” and “We Are the Involuntary” it is hard not to like this album. The title of the album comes from the lyrics in “We Are the Involuntary”. “… We are all lost in the sound of separation…” In songs such as “Emergency Broadcast: The End is Near” the lyrics have a darker side to them, “... our hopes and dreams will be swallowed… feast your eyes, or just rip em out, this is it for us, it’s time to panic.” This is something we didn’t see a lot of in their last album. It is by far their best work. And it should be. They have been planning and recording for over two years. The release time was perfect as well. After being on the Rockstar Mayhem Fest and touring this entire summer, they have gained a bigger fan base and are ready to take over metal. Potential, check. Talent, check. It seems they have what it takes to make it big. This fall, they will be promoting their album when they headline a tour with Saosin and The Devil Wears Prada.
On Lost in the Sound of Separation, there is a lot more screaming, heavy riffs, the drums are the best they have ever been, and some pretty sick bass lines. All the elements needed to make a great metal album. Masterpiece. It is approximately 43 minutes long and it comes with over 40 minutes of never before seen videos and interviews. If you like Dance Gavin Dance, The Devil Wears Prada, Blessthefall, or Sky Eats Airplane, this album is 100% made for you. This album is what metal is all about. If you are just getting into metal, this is gona do it for you. It will make you love metal. And if u hate metal, this album will change your mind. It’s that good. Underoath’s best album by far and they are gona go a long way with it.