Twilight Soundtrack | Teen Ink

Twilight Soundtrack MAG

By Ejm1059 BRONZE, Wexford, Pennsylvania
Ejm1059 BRONZE, Wexford, Pennsylvania

There was one thing besides the movie that die-hard Twilight fans were waiting for this November. On November 4th, the “Twilight” movie soundtrack was released.

To be honest, I felt a little embarrassed pre-ordering the CD. Didn't obsessed fans do that kind of stuff? Didn't teens who scream whenever they see a shiny silver Volvo do that stuff? Was I becoming a crazy Twi-hard?

The first song sets the mood for the album. I think Muse's “Supermassive Black Hole,” which played during the baseball scene, is the best song on the CD. The way its fast-paced rhythm matches the singer's slow but cool voice makes you want to play ball in the rain. Okay, maybe not, but you get what I mean.

Then there is the band that I believe fits perfectly with the Twilight phenomenon. Paramore has always been a top contender for a spot on this album, and it's not surprising why: their music just screams teen angst. And their song, “Decode,” in my opinion, sets the tone for the entire movie.

I'll admit that the first time I listened to the album, I immediately skipped to track 10. My incentive for buying this CD was to hear Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen in the movie) sing “Never Think.” Since his catapult to stardom, some of his music has appeared on the Internet. So it was no surprise that he would lend his vocals to the soundtrack.

Pattinson's music has been compared to Jeff Buckley: bluesy with lots of groaning. But there is also a soft, subtle quality to his voice – completely swoon-worthy. Yes, I have a crush … leave me be!

Other artists on this album include the Black Ghosts, Iron & Wine, Linkin Park, and Blue Foundation. And of course, the soundtrack wouldn't be complete without “Bella's Lullaby.”

I believe the CD does justice to the book and movie. Though I wish it had more fast-paced songs, I truly enjoyed it.

StrictlyWorse BRONZE, Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania

"I am gonna make it through this year, if it kills me" -John Darnielle

It annoys me how the Iron and Wine song, American Mouth, had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with any themes in the movie at all. It's like when Ronald Regan used Born In The U.S.A as his campaign song.

ShannonLaDieu SILVER, Waycross, Georgia

The best part of beauty is that no picture can express- Loren blake Chosen House of Night serise
mee-uf-ow!- Nala(Zoey's Cat) House of night Books
since when has public making-out become a turn-on for you?- Zoey Redbird

I totally agree except add Linkin Park and there u have my fav bands

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

"Freedom is the ability to not care what the other person thinks."

"Not all those who wander are lost" --JRR Tolkien

"When you are listening to music it is better to cover your eyes than your ears." --Jose' Bergamin

Nothing against Kristen Stewart!!!

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

I had an English teacher who had  an Eclipse poster. I couldn't stop staring at Edward. I think the best character in all the movies is Alice!!! Bella is a little robot-like.

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

Paramore and Muse are my favorite bands!!!!! ;)

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

I have the alblum too. But I didn't really care for Robert Pattinson's song. But I looove Robert Pattinson! (Team Edward) :D

Mr.Indescribable SILVER, Cerro Gordo, North Carolina

Hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work hard-Kevin Durant
Pressure Makes Diamonds-Kendall Marshall
Jumping to conclusions just makes the fall a lot harder-Me

I agree with you on super massive black hole. I reallllyyyy like muse. But my favorite on the album was leave out all the rest by linkin park. They are definately the best band on the album.

little-miss-mistakes GOLD, Plano, Texas

even after all these years the sun has never said to the earth, you owe me... look at what a love like that can do, it can light up the sky

I REALLY like your review, i disagree, but its relly well written and has personallity. good job. i didnt love most the album, but i agree with you on the paramore and muse songs!!!

Rainbowmadhatter, Reno, Nevada

so...doesnt mean tht i cant talk about it

i have the right to talk about whatever i want

but a u wish..i love the report it was simple and very well-writen 

im no the kind of person that likes to fight or argue tho...especially online its immature and childish very chilidish so lets not start any rudeness or anything im just standing up for my free right to do and say ht ever i want to and im not hurting anybodys or thier feelings im a nice caring person and i would hate to do tht so ya

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Um, this isn't a chat room for Twilight. You didn't even mention the review. 

TheDuck GOLD said...
TheDuck GOLD, Braselton, Georgia

“Raids, bullets, crime... no problem. A missing duster? Crisis."-The Last Sacrifice
"If we stand for nothing, we'll fall for anything." -All Time Low

I personally think everything except Robert Pattinson's songs, was awesome.  He just slurs too much in his songs and he is very nasal

awesome13 said...
well i like the movies and the cd but i have not seen eclipse yet but it seems like a good movie

BARBARO said...

NOT ME

EmilyClark BRONZE, Wayne, Pennsylvania
I liked your review a lot because I felt you put some of your personality into it. It was very honest. Unfortunately, I do not agree with you about the CD though. I didn't really enjoy it. Great job though! Can't wait to read more.  

Rainbowmadhatter, Reno, Nevada

I decided after about the 2nd book and about half way through that i knew that bella was totally gong to take edward

but i felt really bad for jacob

i like jacob better anyways

whats really funny though was everybody waas like omg its edward we love edward sooooo much then in the 2nd movie when jacob ripped off his shirt everybody was like heck with edward

OMG JACOB!!!!

but i will admit that i think that taylor lautner is really hot and he is my hero

he was sooo cute in shark boy and lava girl

Rainbowmadhatter, Reno, Nevada

thats really mean immature and innapropiate

rk159 said...
on Sep. 29 2010 at 9:51 am
i love twilight. Decode and Leave out all the rest are great songs. they made the movie wourth watching.

yomomma said...
on Sep. 29 2010 at 9:49 am
this cd movie and book all suck xD

BlackKittie SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
any time....XD

allen053 said...
Thank you for providing a grammatically correct response.