Twilight Soundtrack | Teen Ink

Twilight Soundtrack MAG

By Ejm1059 BRONZE, Wexford, Pennsylvania
Ejm1059 BRONZE, Wexford, Pennsylvania
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

There was one thing besides the movie that die-hard Twilight fans were waiting for this November. On November 4th, the “Twilight” movie soundtrack was released.

To be honest, I felt a little embarrassed pre-ordering the CD. Didn't obsessed fans do that kind of stuff? Didn't teens who scream whenever they see a shiny silver Volvo do that stuff? Was I becoming a crazy Twi-hard?

The first song sets the mood for the album. I think Muse's “Supermassive Black Hole,” which played during the baseball scene, is the best song on the CD. The way its fast-paced rhythm matches the singer's slow but cool voice makes you want to play ball in the rain. Okay, maybe not, but you get what I mean.

Then there is the band that I believe fits perfectly with the Twilight phenomenon. Paramore has always been a top contender for a spot on this album, and it's not surprising why: their music just screams teen angst. And their song, “Decode,” in my opinion, sets the tone for the entire movie.

I'll admit that the first time I listened to the album, I immediately skipped to track 10. My incentive for buying this CD was to hear Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen in the movie) sing “Never Think.” Since his catapult to stardom, some of his music has appeared on the Internet. So it was no surprise that he would lend his vocals to the soundtrack.

Pattinson's music has been compared to Jeff Buckley: bluesy with lots of groaning. But there is also a soft, subtle quality to his voice – completely swoon-worthy. Yes, I have a crush … leave me be!

Other artists on this album include the Black Ghosts, Iron & Wine, Linkin Park, and Blue Foundation. And of course, the soundtrack wouldn't be complete without “Bella's Lullaby.”

I believe the CD does justice to the book and movie. Though I wish it had more fast-paced songs, I truly enjoyed it.


Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 100 comments.


amachii GOLD said...
on Jan. 23 2010 at 5:38 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York
11 articles 0 photos 205 comments

Favorite Quote:
"ganbaranakutemo ee nende!" (It's okay even if you didn't do your best!) -Smileage/Tsunku

tottaly agree with u about Paramore. we have all of riot, pressure and emergency from all we know is falling, decode from the Twilight soundtrack, and ignorance from brand new eyes. They rock!!!!

amachii GOLD said...
on Jan. 23 2010 at 5:36 pm
amachii GOLD, Schenectady, New York
11 articles 0 photos 205 comments

Favorite Quote:
"ganbaranakutemo ee nende!" (It's okay even if you didn't do your best!) -Smileage/Tsunku

Stephenie Meyer talked about muse a lot in the back of her books, so i asked my sister about it. She said "yeah, they're good," so i went searching for what song they sang in the movie. We bought supermassive black hole and uprising, i think. I also liked the Black Ghost's Full Moon and I've always been a Paramore fan, so it's kinda awesome to hear them sing like the whole Twilight plot in a song. you're right, good article!!!!!!

on Dec. 27 2009 at 12:59 pm
Vexa_Rave SILVER, Mt. Clare, West Virginia
9 articles 0 photos 57 comments
Sorry for the misspellings. I'm just getting used to using an iPod Touch. :)

on Dec. 27 2009 at 12:57 pm
Vexa_Rave SILVER, Mt. Clare, West Virginia
9 articles 0 photos 57 comments
I'm not a big fan of the movie or book anymore, but I really liked the soundtrack. Paramore's one of ny favorite bands, and I also really liked the Linkin Park, Muse, Collective Soul, Mutemath, and The Black Ghosts songs. The others were okay-I found them kinda boring. The only one I really hated was that Perry Farrell song. Made mr wanna shoot something. In general, though, I thought it was really good. Could've been a little better, but still good. :)

on Dec. 20 2009 at 4:48 pm
Ok. I am split on the whole issuse of twilight. I was one of the first poeple to read it before it was all the rage. I loved them. Then when the movie came out I was excited to see. I did and I didn't really like it. The chareters are very flat in the movie and continue to stay that way into the New Moon. And now sadly, I'm starting to really not like both the books or the movies cause on the over barring Fangirls (and some fanboys). They freak when ever the see or hear Edward or Jacob or both. There are girls in my school who have gotten into fights over who would be better for him. And I swear, if Taylor Lawtner were to walk in, the gils would probaly carry him away.

Over all, I am strictly a book fan. I will stay that way untill the hipe and crazyness calms down and I can acually sit in a theater or at home without haveing my ear drums blown out.

Martinez said...
on Dec. 20 2009 at 4:35 pm
I dont blame you i hate them 2

on Dec. 20 2009 at 11:11 am
montana PLATINUM, Parker, Colorado
41 articles 2 photos 93 comments

Favorite Quote:
cliche quotes I have are.....
I know, right? and..... Are you kidding me?

I do not agree, but this piece is written very well. Do u think u can check my work out and uh rate it. Thanks.

Dynasty GOLD said...
on Dec. 4 2009 at 2:59 pm
Dynasty GOLD, Rio Grande, Ohio
11 articles 3 photos 29 comments
i loved the twilight soundtrack but the songs from new moon seem a bit depressing i cant listen to them without changing the song

on Nov. 28 2009 at 9:24 am
FlyleafFreak DIAMOND, Loveland, Colorado
51 articles 0 photos 203 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I have faith in fools;self confidence my friends call it"~Edger Allan Poe
"In this world of infinite insanity, your friends are the best psychiatrists you will ever have."~Me

I hated the movie, it ruined the whole book. The songs "Leave Out All The Rest", "Decode", and "I Caught Myself" kept me watching though. New Moon I heard was better, but still could have improved some. I have high hopes for Eclipse and especially Breaking Dawn.

on Nov. 22 2009 at 8:37 am
bennyB PLATINUM, Memphis, Tennessee
26 articles 0 photos 63 comments
I absolutly hate the sound track is just awful

on Nov. 6 2009 at 9:05 am
twilight_teen14 GOLD, Moline, Illinois
13 articles 0 photos 44 comments

Favorite Quote:
"And then we continued blissfully into this small, but perfect piece of our forever...." -Bella Cullen- Breaking Dawn.
"Gandhi said that whatever you do in life will be insignificant. But it's very important that you do it."
“Everyone’s stars, don’t get your hopes up, learn the ropes and climb the ladder and know in the end, that just being here is the best and it only gets better.”

I agree I love that song

on Nov. 6 2009 at 9:04 am
twilight_teen14 GOLD, Moline, Illinois
13 articles 0 photos 44 comments

Favorite Quote:
"And then we continued blissfully into this small, but perfect piece of our forever...." -Bella Cullen- Breaking Dawn.
"Gandhi said that whatever you do in life will be insignificant. But it's very important that you do it."
“Everyone’s stars, don’t get your hopes up, learn the ropes and climb the ladder and know in the end, that just being here is the best and it only gets better.”

I absolutely love the Twilight Movie Soundtrack! My favorite songs being: "Leave Out All The Rest", "Flightless Bird, American Mouth", and "Bella's Lullaby". I love all the other a lot to though!

on Sep. 23 2009 at 4:45 pm
wordweaver96 PLATINUM, Winchester, Kentucky
37 articles 2 photos 254 comments

Favorite Quote:
" It is not our abilities but our choices that show who we truly are. "
Albus Dumbledore


See, we really DON'T have anything to fear but fear itself!

yup. i especially love "Decode" and "I Caught Myself", both by Paramore.

vampires123 said...
on Sep. 2 2009 at 4:49 pm
great soundtrack.. i think a band like Kill Hannah would have fit perfectly too<br />
they have a new cd coming out too- so vampire music

on Aug. 20 2009 at 1:21 am
wearethesea BRONZE, Longview, Washington
1 article 0 photos 2 comments
I thought R-Patz sounded drunk when he sang Never Think. He mumbles half the words and you can't understand any of it.

on Aug. 6 2009 at 6:01 pm
Abhilash Potharaju, HYDERABAD, Other
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment
I think linkin park's "Leave out all the rest" is the best track of the cd....it perfectly captures the film's mood,at the end of it.

P.S-I love KRISTEN STEWART.Anyone who knows her personally can pass her this piece of info!!

on Jul. 10 2009 at 9:41 pm
GreenDayFan SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
7 articles 3 photos 134 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Every story has an end, but in life, every ending is just a new beginning."
-Uptown Girls

i cant wait until new moon comes out it is going to be the bomb wow!!!!

on Jul. 3 2009 at 8:45 pm
good job. :D

on Jun. 27 2009 at 2:22 am
brand*new*eyes SILVER, Saint Louis, Missouri
6 articles 0 photos 35 comments

Favorite Quote:
Misguided ghosts
Traveling endlessly
The ones we trusted the most
Pushed us far away
(paramore)

first off i am sorry for offending twi-fans in advance, but the movie ruined the literacy of the book. the movie changed the vibe and brought a bubble-gum popularity to the book and made me sick to read it. However, Meyer is still a great author and the CD was amazing. I loved it. I just dont think Kristen Steward was that good and Rob was believable... it was too over done.

on Jun. 22 2009 at 6:57 am
GreenDayFan SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
7 articles 3 photos 134 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Every story has an end, but in life, every ending is just a new beginning."
-Uptown Girls

inspirational is all i can say about this movie and this soundtrack it was the best and the artical of course great job.