Tervaskanto(2007) by Korpiklaani | Teen Ink

Tervaskanto(2007) by Korpiklaani

March 27, 2015
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


Finnish folk metal is a popular metal scene with veteran metalheads. Part of the scene includes the band Korpiklaani which takes the aspects of pub/bar music and adds a folky touch to it which is one of the reasons why they have such short songs. With an album like this, you will start it, enjoy it and before you know it, it will be over. Then you want to replay the whole thing again and again for about 3 hours and then move on to something. Then you come back repeating the same process and that's what this album is like. Korpiklaani, at first listen may seem like some random pub nonsense but then you can find yourself dancing to the music soon after that and you don't want to stop despite you not knowing what your doimg. I also find it fun to try to imitate the nonsense Finnish lyrics(which is just as hard as singing Eminem's Rap God) and even though I suck, I have fun doing it.

This will be a band for the ages whether young or old(probably not the latter), you would enjoy enjoy this album very much.

I have to say the only flaw is that the tracks are a little too short for my tastes maybe because I listen to progressive metal, I don't know. But other than that I see future happenings from Korpiklaani to be funny, quirky, and a joy to ride to listen to. The rating for this album for me will be an 8/10. This has been the Grim Reaper, signing off.


The author's comments:

My next review will be Follow The Reaper by Children of Bodom.