Pink Cloud EP by Pegboard Nerds | Teen Ink

Pink Cloud EP by Pegboard Nerds

October 25, 2015
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


Pegboard Nerds is an electronic band signed to the Canadian label Monstercat. Over the course of October, the devised a campaign to release tracks from their Pink Cloud EP in support of research for breast cancer. Kind of a smart idea but usually this doesn't work well, at least from my understanding. Yes, I am aware electronic music is a weird one for me, especially since I haven't covered anything from it previously. Meh, let's get a move on, shall we?
As most EPs go, they are usually much shorter than the average full length for the band or artist. It turns out this is well over 15 minutes. Within that, we have 5 tracks each are in the 3-4 minute range so they're not long, especially for House standards which is the genre they take on here. Three tracks were released on Monstercat, Emoji, Pink Cloud and Just Like That, which happen to be right in the middle of the setlist. They also made a remix, VIP, version of one of their old songs called Fire In The Hole, as great as that song is, they managed to slightly improve it with this version with a bit more atmosphere to for the rest of the set. They still have the drop in there too, slightly changed but who cares. I love these guys and cheers to them for making a campaign set actually decent. I do maybe have some problems like a little less repetition would've been nice and some longer tracks, but then again, I can't really do anything there so to me, it's fine as it is.
I give this a 9/10. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.