Castle | Teen Ink

Castle

February 23, 2010
By Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York
Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York
47 articles 0 photos 1 comment

We live in a day and age where a lot of television shows are based on rock stars. All of the stars can either sing, dance, or do both. But, what if there was a show that didn't have all of that song and dance? What if there was a show that broke the mold of modern entertainment? A show that could get out-of-this-world ratings without the flair of a musical. That show is the groundbreaking "Castle."

Kate Beckett is a normal, NYPD detective with a hard/soft shell and a killer attitude and drive that shows that she can run with the big boys.

Rick Castle, who is the ultimate rock star in the world of book authors, is the complete opposite of Beckett. He doesn't listen most of the time, barely has a serious bone in his body, and tries to turn everything into a punch line for one of his many little jokes. Basically, he's the type that Beckett just can't stand. But, when Beckett has a serial, murder case on her hands where all of the crime scenes mirror scenes in Castle's famous "Derek Storm" mystery series, the precinct calls on him to help them with the case. So, as you can imagine, Beckett and Castle get off to a rocky start, but luckily for Beckett, she doesn't have to put up with Castle for too long. At least, that's what she thinks. When Rick decides to end his "Derek Storm" series and start a new set of mysteries involving a new main character, he decides to go to Beckett for inspiration for his fictional heroine Nikki Heat, which means that he has to follow his muse on all of her cases to get some inspiration for his new string of books. Once again, Beckett isn't thrilled, but, as time goes by, Beckett and Castle create a relationship that's thicker than water. Plus, with Beckett's ingenuitive crime investigating smarts and Castle's crazy dreamed-up story lines, they're able to solve cases with a crack of a case file. Not to mention that detectives Ryan and Espisito, Castle's fifteen year-old daughter, and his mom's two cents really help them become the crime fighting team that they are.

With a wonderful cast that's lead by Natham Fillion and Stana Katic, this T.V. show has wit, drama, comedy, and smartness all bound together to make a complete crowd pleaser. With every twist and turn that this show brings, you'll never want to stop watching. With its unique characters and wonderful story lines, this is one crime show that stands out above the rest. Trust me, once you turn on "Castle," you'll never want to turn it off. Enjoy!