Two and a Half Men | Teen Ink

Two and a Half Men

Two and a Half Men, Maybe Three-Quarters

Honestly, how many half men do you see? I’ll tell you where, only on the one of the funniest shows I’ve ever seen. The sit-com, Two and a Half Men, takes place at a bachelor’s, Charlie, beach house where his brother, Allan, lives too. Allan is a divorced dad and has a kid, Jake (the half man), who comes over on the weekends to visit his dad and Uncle Charlie. Jake is probably the antagonist in every episode. You should watch Two and a Half Men because it has an unpredictable plot, a quirky set of characters, and acting that matches the strange situations.

The plot is one of the strong points. The thing that makes me laugh is how they get in strange situations that leave you wondering how they got there in the first place. Like when Allan falls of the ladder, breaks his arm and neck and has to go to the bathroom. In the process he gets his pants down, but his mom walks in on him, in the living room, with his pants down. Another thing that’s funny is how obviously bad a situation is going to be and how all the characters don’t know how bad it’s going to be. Like how Charlie thinks he won’t let Jake take the best of him, but sure enough, Jake is using him like his personal servant.

The characters are some of the reasons why the show is hilarious. Allan is the dork. He always does things the dorky way. Like how tries to fix thing and gets hurt. Like how he gallantly falls off the roof, as you already know. Charlie is the opposite of Allan and you’d never think that they’d go together. However like magnets, they attract. Jake treats himself like the king of the world. He’s the basic example of an average ungrateful kid. Then there’s Charlie’s and Allan mother who embarrasses the boys, like when she introduces Allan a new girlfriend while his pants were down. Then she keeps saying how much they embarrass her.

The acting is done in a way that fits the characters and you don’t even think they’re acting. Allan with his outgoing personality has a matter of fact tone that fits his smug self. Like when he tells Charlie when he’s commuting that, “Everybody has traffic, Charlie.” And Charlie responds with his amazed childish look obviously meaning he doesn’t know about this new fangled thing. And the jokes are funny because come throughout the episode. Like when keeps telling Allan that he should of called the “guy.”

Two and a Half Men is not worth missing with its snappy comebacks, slap-stick comedy, and the great plot of stupid and funny situations. My only suggestion to the network is to change the time of the show for more viewers for more to enjoy. This is probably one of the funniest sit-coms in a long time. Originality like this show needs to be rewarded.