The 411 on Zoey 101 | Teen Ink

The 411 on Zoey 101

Have you ever had one of those boring, lame, nights where there’s nothing on the television to watch? Well, I know that some people have, and the problem has been solved. On Sunday nights, 8:00 PM eastern time, on Nickelodeon, the hit teen sensation Zoey 101 comes on. This is a great show because of its hit storyline, awesome cast, and remarkable comedy and one-liners.
The storyline is great because of the way that the show is made out and played so well. The show is about an all boy’s boarding school, Pacific Coast Academy, accepting female students for the first time since the school was established. Zoey decides to be one of the first girls to become a student at PCA. This is very exciting, but also very scary. Fitting in at a new school is hard enough, but going away to boarding school and living on your own at age 13 can get crazy, especially when the girls are heavily outnumbered by the boys...but she overcomes that. She still faces the same problems as any ordinary teenage girl would.
To go along with that awesome storyline, is the perfect cast to match. There’s Zoey (Jamie Lynn Spears), who is the main character of Zoey 101. She’s a very outgoing hilarious, smart, pretty girl. The guy that is practically in love with her is Chase Matthews (Sean Flynn). He is a comical character that is completely unpredictable. His best friends are Logan Reese (Matthew Underwood) and Michael Barret (Christopher Massey). Logan is so full of himself. He thinks he’s the best. As for Michael, he’s just a really goofy kid. The Best friends of Zoey are Nicole Bristow (Alexa Nikolas), Quinn Pensky (Erin Sanders), and Lola Martinez (Victoria Justice). Nicole is a very bubbly energetic basket case. Lola on the other hand is the total opposite. She’s sometimes very negative, but she is very fun to watch. As for Quinn, she’s really big into science and is very awkward. And how can we forget Zoey’s little brother Dustin Brooks (Paul Butcher). He’s just a normal little kid trying to fit in.
Now that you have the awesome storyline, the perfect cast, all you need is the comedy. Well my friend, this show has a vast amount of it. All of the one-liners and silly mishaps make the show what it is. For example:

Lola: (to Logan) “Why are you all cranky?”

Zoey: “Someone hide your mirror?”
This is just a sample of some of the things they say to each other. But, with all the one-liners and comedy involved in this show, it relates to teenagers today SO MUCH!! It’s easy for the kids today to understand because it’s made for the younger audiences. The comedy and one-liners they make aren’t too vulgar either. It’s just perfect.
In conclusion, this show is practically awesome. It has all the positive aspects of a good sitcom; the perfect storyline, the wonderful cast, and all the one-liners and comedy. It is everything good and then some, what’s not to like? So, if you tend to find your self in one of those Sunday night boredom states, then Zoey 101 is the solution. So tune in.