"So Random"? More like "So Childish" | Teen Ink

"So Random"? More like "So Childish"

By Branderz BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
Branderz BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

Life may be filled with obstacles, but the only way through them, is to try harder than your expectations can take you.

Their I was, sitting in my parents bed, after visiting my grandparents, getting ready to watch the MTV Movie Awards. Since I only had a half hour, I moved towards Disney Channel-Yes, I'm still a sucker for some shows on there, especially Good Luck Charlie... extremely cute-where the unexpected new television series, in which Demi Lovato left, So Random. Was it really called this for a reason? Were we originally supposed to be amused by the fact that it was supposed to be like SNL? After watching the last twenty minutes, I couldn't get a hold of the fact that this actually was not supposed to be comedy. This sense of "comedy" was more like mediocre, yet in a way, not even close to making my four and three year old cousin laugh. And, that is just sad that Disney fired the old writers, the real writers that brought us, used to be younger generations, The Proud Family, Pepper-Anne and my favorite Boy meets World.
This humor that has now premiered, literally gave Disney a bad rep and name. Hannah Montana used to be my favorite passing time to watch on Disney. The only great part about the show was-and I regret saying it, and I apologize-Cody Simpson, and the credits. And really, "you are not going to believe this"? What kind of a line is that? This humor is extremely bad, it's too much elementary humor. And, come on, would you really expect a five or six year old to actually laugh at that piece of garbage?
Very uncanny sense of humor. The worst part of it, despite the humor, was that Demi left, and even though I don't like her, she was the one that actually made the show funny. Even though she acted like a twelve year old, her and Chad-Sterling Knight-had great chemistry. And, that is what I really am going to miss about the true So Random. Not this made up things that a ten year old can make in five minutes. The newer characters, and humor, are literally and utterly under developed. And, trust me, I'd rather see Ellen Degenres write this sketch comedy for Disney than the very bad and corny writers Disney has now.
Therefore, even if this show does get a good rating. My expectations for this: It will probably last for about a month. No more than a month. Since the lead girl left, it feels like the show has fallen to a very deep climax and dozens of fans are still looking for the one and only great leads throughout the show: Demi Lovato.

What really inspired me to write this article was the fact-and no offense to Disney or fans or the stars of the show-that people really, and desperately need to open their eyes and look at the fact that these new TV shows are coming out to be extremely terrible. And they are the same exact concept for every single Series they get. And, some of them are replicas of Nickelodean's shows. What I forgot to add is that this show isn't Saturday Night Live, it's more like All that, except with bad acting AND humor!

TheIdealist SILVER, New York City, New York

"We all die. The goal is not to last forever. It's to create something that does."

This show was terrible. So are all of the other shows that are on Disney now. I miss shows from my kiddie days like That's So Raven, LIzzie McGuire, and Phil of the Future. It's a shane what's happening to TV these days.

Micki said...
Its childish cuz its a kids show, i mean it is disney channle and kids do watch it, so........

elise said...
so random is the worst show on disney channel. i mean seriously, it's lame and uncalled for. give it up, seriously!

ShadowFangirl101 PLATINUM, Sheridan, Wyoming

"You've got to be one of the good guys because there's way too many of the bad." --Skulduggery Pleasant

"If you have time to worry, then run." --Sonic the Hedgehog

So Random is So STUPID. I can't believe they're actually making that show. :(

LEENA15342 said...
Disney should stop showing so random. It is so boring, and I really would want to have it stop. Demi L should really come back. I admire her, but If she does go away permenantly, I am going to stop watching Disney

Lilly3217 SILVER, Holly Hill, Florida

The best time to plant a Oak tree was twenty years ago the second best time is today.

I agree Disney has sertinly gone to the dogs put you should do some research on what happened to demi

IAmTheActress BRONZE, Fresno, Texas

"Did you ever wish you could sometimes freeze frame a moment in your day, look at it and say "This is not my life?"
- Daniel Hillard, Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)

I so appreciated this!!!! I hate how Disney has changed too- I miss Lizzie, Raven, and the Proud Family!

Also, I'd rather watch SNL  or Chelsea Lately any day!