Spongebob Squarepants: Party Pooper Pants | Teen Ink

Spongebob Squarepants: Party Pooper Pants

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

I think now I might want to try reviewing Spongebob episodes. If this goes well according to you guys, I'll keep doing this. No, it won't just be the bad ones either, I'll try to balance it out a little with some good modern Spongebob episodes as well.

Party Pooper Pants is one of the specials in Season 3 of this series and is right in the middle in terms of production order. It is more hated than loved however due to many, many factors from this episode that we'll get to later. We start out with Spongebob handing out invitations to presummibly everyone in Bikini Bottom and we find later that they all come, at some point. We see that Spongebob has compiled a schedule for his house party that have very specific times and activities like bunny hopping and getting to know each other. About, 5 seconds in the first guest, Patrick, arrives and then Squidward, Mr. Krabs, Sandy, Larry, Scooter and many other characters both background and known arrive to the party. You can see that they are pretty much dissing everything that Spongebob is trying to get them to do and Spongebob is apparently an OCD person because he doesn't want his party to be "ruined" because no one is following the schedule he has. This leads to one of the many reasons that people hate this episode, Spongebob is acting like a jerk here.

Once the Bunny Hop starts, Spongebob is magically seen with his suit on saying something like "I was supposed to lead the Bunny Hop" in what sounds like an almost whining manner to himself presummibly and is kicked out of his house with a random cartoon manner. He realizes he's locked himself out, thinks his party is ruined because he's not there to try and lead them, ven though it looks like they're having plenty of fun. To me this is what I feel to be more like karma to Spongebob but then we see he tries many ways to get back in his house to "lead the party" like he was trying to do before he was kicked out. He tries the window with Mrs. Puff flipping it back over and Spongebob syas " I don't even know how that happened" as if to try to break the fourth wall and say, "that does's make sense to me." He tries to dig a hole back into his house but the conga line pushes him back down without much realization and eventually the police come by Spongebob's house to ask what he's doing with Spongebob handling a crowbar. Spongebob tells the police he's trying to get back into his house so he can help finish off the party he's throwing which makes the police leave him alone, for only a second wondering why he didn't invite them to the party and leaving Spongbob arrested. Yeah it doesn't make sense to me either but I still think he deserves it so maybe I could let it slide. Besides, I Had An Accident had that weird Gorilla-Man ending so we've seen weirder and more unexplainable Spongbob endings. Once he gets out everyone is complimenting his party and then leaves his house with Spongebob...cheering at the fact that his party was successful. Patchy was also hosting a party parallel to Spongebob's but with a different reason why he think he failed which was because Potty decided to bring a Punk Rock pirate band made of puppets as entertainment and Patchy didn't like it very much. That was pretty funny to be honest and Potty winning against Patchy, but unluck episodes like Friend Or Foe, Potty doesn't actually win here. Like I said, Patchy's party is pretty much parallel to Spongebob's so of course he has to win somehow, and he does that by shooing the puppet band out of his house, despite being pretty much decapitated and looking like Family Guy's Seamus character.

I can call it a Meh episode because the Patchy side was funny and Spongbob did get his kummupins in the end for being a bit to harsh of a jerk to his guests.

I would love to see what you guys think of this idea. The only thing that might keep me back is actually being around to watch alot of these episodes. I would also like to hear your opinions on this episode and any episode I might cover in the future.