Why the Xbox 360 Is Not the Perfect System | Teen Ink

Why the Xbox 360 Is Not the Perfect System

May 18, 2009
By Anonymous

Most people have an Xbox 360. A lot of people have a Nintendo Wii. PS3 sales are less then the 2 competitors. Since most people prefer e Xbox 360, it’s time for the PS3 to have the fame over the 360.
There are a lot of good things about the ps3 like the reflected shiny piano black color is like a mirror. Making decision is a problem so to get the best console; you have to compare the pros and cons. With my guidance, people can see why PS3 is better over the Xbox 360.
The disc for PS3 is called Blu-Ray disc and for the Xbox 360, it’s called DVD. Blu-Ray can hold up to 50 gigabytes while DVD can hold up to 10 gigabytes. That means the games and movies for PS3 can be longer with better graphics and since Blu-Ray came from Sony, Blu-ray cannot be on Xbox series.
The controller for PS3 is the same as PS2 except the “R2, L2” buttons are trigger and have a “PS” button instead “Select” button. For Xbox 360, the function of the controller is like PS2/PS3 because it was copy from Sony. The best part of the PS3 controller is the controller is wireless and can go up to 75 feet. To recharge the controller, just connect the USB type B to controller from PS3. But the 360 controller uses double A battery, also wireless but only goes up to 35 feet.
There is one major problem with the Xbox 360 “Red Ring of Death,” also known as “RROD.” This means if your 360 has 3 read lights, the 360 is dead. The PS3 on the other hand, has less then .3% failure rate while Xbox 360 has more the 10%. There have been reports of system failing after 2 or 3 weeks of play time after out of box.
If you have seen the price of PS3 and 360, you might think Xbox 360 is cheaper. You’re wrong. The PS3 now cost 400 USD (U.S. Dollar) while the Xbox 360 cost over 400 USD. Take for example the cheapest 360, 200 USD. Add the double A battery cost plus separate wi-fi connection that is around 100 USD now equal over 300 USD. Now add 50 USD per year for online and other separate stuff. Interested in 360 now?
Although the Xbox 360 online (Xbox Live) is better then PlayStation Network and has fees, The PSN is free. The PS3/PSN support internet browsing which you can go to any website wired or wireless using wi-fi. The 360 does not have internet browsing and does not have built-in wi-fi which the PS3 have so you have to buy a separate 100 USD wi-fi connection. Also the highest number of online player capacity for PS3 is 256 players for this new upcoming game called “MAG” while 360 highest is less then 40 players.
Even though the 360 is a good system, PS3 has more reason why to get the PS3 unless you want a system that breaks 2 weeks after out of box. If the PS3 is not what you prefer, get the Nintendo Wii. It’s great for family and it’s a family system.

The author's comments:
I wrote this because PS3 inspire to be a Japanese Nationlist because the PS3 is Japanese.