Lehigh University | Teen Ink

Lehigh University MAG

By Bruce Rubin BRONZE, New City, New York
Bruce Rubin BRONZE, New City, New York

Bethlehem, PA: I'm in my junior year, and the college search is on. I just visited Lehigh University, and for a relatively small school it has a lot to offer. There are almost 5,000 undergraduates and over 2,000 grad students. The school has three undergraduate colleges – Arts and Sciences, Engineering, and Business and Economics – and you can take courses in all three regardless of your major. This allows students to pursue all sorts of interests without being boxed in. I found this flexible curriculum appealing.

The campus is very pretty. It could easily be used as a prototype for a movie set. There is a big grassy lawn where students sit in Adirondack chairs and study. One of the buildings won an architectural award, and most have that old stone and ivy feeling. The dorms are on top of a very steep hill with lots of steps. If you don't like walking, Lehigh is not for you. I don't think the “freshman 15” will be a problem here.

Lehigh is a Division I school in the Patriot League and is full of school spirit. There is also a large Greek presence. The perimeter of the campus has impressive frat houses, some with their own chefs!

I left Lehigh with an overall good feeling. There really seems to be something for everyone, both academically and socially. It is definitely worth a visit, but remember to wear comfortable shoes! Find out more at lehigh.edu.

lol- my parents went there