Fever Dream | Teen Ink

Fever Dream

October 3, 2022
By kiwi234 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
kiwi234 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
17 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Last night I dreamt,

I was far away on a sandy beach in  Florida surrounded by waves. I sat there eating golden fluffy pancakes that were overflowing with strawberries and chocolate. I looked to my right and Ruta Sepetys was sitting there complimenting me on my reading choice as I have one of her books next to me. Then to my left was the inspiring activist MLK who kept singing “ I can tell that we are gonna be friends”. 

I blinked and all of a sudden I'm under the ocean playing charades with a green seven-armed octopus. I say “我叫孔小嫣”。It looks at me funny and mumbles something under its breath. I blink and all of a sudden I'm at the surface in a rowboat and the clouds are caving in without a look of stopping and the rain is pounding down hard. I curled up scared and count down the time until I'll be submerged again starting at 999, 998…  when all of a sudden I feel the warmth of the sun on my back as a soaring dragon pushes them away. I look up mesmerized and blink because of the scorching sun. 

I open my eyes and I'm in the chaos of an emergency room. I look down and notice that I'm wearing my favorite shoes, only recognizable by the snug fit and the red that I love, my converse. I looked up to meet Ruta Sepety's eyes as she was being wheeled while drinking the fizzy red drink that I recognized to be a kitty cocktail, my favorite drink. Then MLK comes in looking like the deep color of green and laughs that big laugh that reminds me of my grandma.

I then woke up, looked around, and slowly forgot it throughout the day.