Elementals | Teen Ink

Elementals

9/02/09
Elementals

In a time before time the settlements of Fire, Ice, Earth, Wind, Water, and Light lived in harmony and eventually forged the Kingdom of Six Elements, but the peace would not last. Darkness, which was not accepted into the kingdom, spread like a disease into the kingdom eventually starting a war, which was when Umbra, Lord of Darkness, struck and assumed the throne.

But the legends foretold this and that seven Elementals; powerful beings gifted in the art of magic, wearing magical suits of armor bonded with an elemental spirit. That were forged the Mystics (an elite group of alchemists) would overthrow the Dark Lord and restore peace to the kingdom.
Here is their tale.

Chapter 1- The Tale of Fire

Thump, thump, clank, clank. “Resistance is futile! Surrender now Nova” said a Demonarmor (Umbra sacrificed his men for a horde of demons, then he sacrificed them and ritually fused their souls into the finest armor he had)

“Never you fiend!” yelled Nova.

“So be it. DARK FIRE!” it yelled, and then it began collecting heat energy and infusing it with its Dark Aura. “Say your prayers” it said mockingly. Then it hurled the coalescing ball of energy at him.

“Darn it!” Nova said. Then, moments before it hit, a bright light suddenly engulfed him, and when it hit he only felt a backlash, but that was enough to knock him unconscious.

When he awoke a calm voice said, “Hello Nova I am the Spirit of Fire.”
“What do you mean?” Nova said in dismay.
“You are the Elemental of Fire and I am your Spirit Ally, Blaze” said the flaming spirit.

“But, why me why didn’t you choose my brother, Solaris the Prince of Fire, or my father, Inferno the King of Fire?” said Nova.

“We chose you to be the Fire Elemental for your fiery fighting spirit, not for your royal heritage; by the way, what would your father say?” replied Blaze

Thinking about his father he remembered a lesson his father taught him “Great power comes with a great choice, but fight with that power for what you think is right”

“Well do you accept this destiny?” asked Blaze.

“I do.” said Nova.

“Then here” said Blaze, while swirling into a smaller form. “Now grab me.”

What Nova grabbed was a red and gold sphere.

“You ready for your first battle with me?” said Blaze “Oh yeah, to activate me shout out “Fire Spirit Unite!” okay?”

“Okay.” Said Nova, “Hey, what do you mean battle?”

“You still have that Demonarmor that wants you remember?” he replied.

“Oh yeah! Now let’s rumble!” Nova said.

Then the light faded.
Everything was the same it was as if nothing had happened. Including the Dark Fire that was on a collision course on him.

Moments before the Dark Fire hit Nova yelled “Fire Spirit Unite!”

Suddenly a bright light dissipated the Dark Fire and (which also shielded him from the Dark Fire) enveloped Nova then
the sphere flew up to his chest and hovered there until a fiery essence from the heavens flew down and struck it then the sphere broke up and enlarged itself then the pieces clamped onto Nova.

When the light faded Nova stood there clad in red and gold armor.

“That armor can only mean one thing; you are the Elemental of Fire!” “Mwa ha ha ha, do you know how much easier
you made my job? “My master will surely teach me the Dark Arts if I bring him you alive or DEAD” the Demonarmor said malevolently.

“Fat chance.” Nova said sarcastic voice

“Oh really. Then take this. BLACK HELL FIRE!” screamed the Demonarmor.

Nova responded by saying, “SOLAR SHIELD” suddenly a barrier of pure thermal energy blocked and absorbed the Dark Fire.

Then he said, “STAR SLASHER”. At the same moment twin blades popped out of his forearm gauntlet and heated up to dangerous levels (you can feel the heat within a 100 meter radius) without melting.

Then he charged at him so fast that in the blink of an eye he was so close to the Demonarmor that it could feel his breath. Suddenly Nova initiated a 5-hit combo move that killed it.

“Phew I feel drained” said Nova.

Then the armor glowed with light, and returned to its original sphere form.

Suddenly the Demonarmor was surrounded by a bright light. Nova tensed up, but when it faded it revealed an unconscious Darkness Civilization person.

“Whew” he said.
Then he relaxed his muscles and went on with his journey (the Demonarmor found him journeying and attacked him) to the Heptagon, were a rebel base is.
End of Chapter 1 Fire

Homework assignment!

Firebringer17 GOLD, Mayfield HTS, Ohio

"To get respect, you must earn respect, to earn respect you must give respect."

I wrote a book like this, I love your plot, keep going. However your explanation is a bit hurried and choppy, your dialouge is  a bit cliche but you have wonderful potential! Love it.

CanYouSeeTheCrazy PLATINUM, Cle Elum, Washington

"I know why everyone in this world is so desperate to find love."
"Oh yeah? Why then?"
"Because, it's the closest thing we have to magic."

it's choppy, but it's still interesting.

mistfairy BRONZE, Lawrenceburg, Indiana

You can change your mind, your clothes, your hair, almost anything. The one thing youcan't change is who you are.

me liky will you have more soon?