Tonight We Come (pg 5) | Teen Ink

Tonight We Come (pg 5)

By music_lover PLATINUM, Park City, Utah
music_lover PLATINUM, Park City, Utah

MY quote: "Without music, life would be absolutely pointless.... Music is my life and it always will be!"

“Leave him alone Ron! He ain’t done nothin wrong.” shouted Gordon. “Everybody makes mistakes don’t ya know? Think back to yer life, what have your done wrong? When I think back, I knows that there’s a lot of stuff I dones wrong.”

I sighed and turned back to my wall. I wish I had never come here. Never had to experience the horrible feeling of war. Of killing. I have taken so many lives that I can’t even count. My whole life was a mistake. The mistake for killing, joining the army, coming here. Death was a horrible thing. I remember when I killed my first man... And it still haunts me to this day.

______________

“NO! Please I am begging you!” Screamed the little old man. “I have done nothing to you! Please have mercy!”

“Shut up you peasant!” Shouted the General. He hit the man on top of his head with his gun barrel to knock him to the ground.

The General stood and held a fine grin on his face. He looked down at the old man in the alley, who had already lost most of his hair and teeth. He chuckled and turned to us soldiers standing in a circle around him. “Now this is what happens when people don’t cooperate. Somebody always ends up getting hurt.”
The General laughed and looked around at his soldiers. He looked at each individual person slowly and with concentration. His dark evil eyes continued to circle around the group until he came upon me. His eyes stopped and he grinned. “Well Leader. Today is your first day with your new position. It is also your greatest day, for this is the greatest war yet. How does it feel to be in control over the other soldiers?”

“It feels great.” I coughed with a weak smile. “It feels like I’m king of the world!”

“Well that’s a good thing young Leader.” commented the General. “Only you are not the king. And nor am I. I am much more like a king than you will ever be.”

“Uh, yes General.” I stammered, a bit confused. The other soldiers seemed a little uncomfortable with the situation.