Hunted Part 2 | Teen Ink

Hunted Part 2

February 20, 2010
By Laurennnn PLATINUM, Sadieville, Kentucky
Laurennnn PLATINUM, Sadieville, Kentucky
31 articles 9 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people merely exist, that is all." -Oscar Wilde


I scrambled to the closest tree and struggled to find my footing. It was a hard task, but I managed to get a good distance up before Micah burst through the trees. Seth immediately transformed into a great wolf. He wasn’t as big as Micah, and I knew Micah was stronger, but I also knew Micah couldn’t match Seth’s speed. No one could.

Seth pounced on Micah, and he ripped open his left shoulder with one of his claws. I could see the blood dripping down Micah’s gray fur. Micah swiped his claws at Seth’s face, and left a large gash on Seth’s cheek. I gasped as Seth pulled back, and I saw the blood pouring from the wound. Knowing he was in pain brought tears to me eyes. It was a horrible feeling, knowing I couldn’t help.

Seth bit Micah’s ear. Then, he ripped it off using his mighty jaws. Blood gushed from the wound. Micah was angry about this. His body starting shaking with rage, and I heard Seth make a sound a lot like a laugh. In Micah’s rage, he jumped on Seth and flipped him over. Just as Micah’s mouth was coming down on Seth’s throat, Seth got his back legs free and threw Micah off his body. Micah flew across the forest and hit a tree. The tree fell over from the force.

While Micah was trying to shake off the shock and the pain and regain his balance, Seth clamped his teeth onto Micah’s back. I heard Micah let out a little whine. This made me smile with satisfaction. Seth ripped a chunk of Micah’s back off and spit it on the ground; he let out a howl of joy, knowing he was winning.

Micah faced Seth and growled a very fierce growl. It had intensity like I’ve never heard before and hope I never heard again. It sent tingles of fear, for Seth and myself, down my spine, and made my hairs stand on end. Seth and Micah looked each other dead in the eye for a few seconds, making the tension in the air so thick you could cut it with a knife. They started pacing in a circle, still staring at each other, both pondering their next move. I sat in my tree, holding on tight, scared of what would happen next. Both of them were hurt, and they both grew weaker with every blow.

Suddenly, both wolves let out and ear piercing howl. Micah lunged forward, towards Seth. His claws reached Seth’s leg and left a huge cut, but Seth got Micah back by pinning him on the ground. He growled in his face and scratched his chest. Micah was bleeding so much now, with all those wounds. Seth looked Micah in the eye, and the expression he gave was one that clearly said, “You asked for it.” In one quick swipe, Seth tore out Micah’s throat. He howled a howl of victory. Then, he looked up at me.

I started climbing down the tree. My legs were shaky, and it was hard to keep my balance. Seth rushed over to greet me at the bottom of the tree. “Thank you,” I said, my voice full of joy. He ran off, and I knew he was going to come back after he put some pants on. He was with me within the minute. He grabbed me and wrapped me in his arms. “Rachel, I’m so glad you’re ok.”

“Seth, you saved me. I don’t know how to even begin to thank you. I owe you my life,” I knew my words were one hundred percent true.

“There’s no need for thanks,” he said.

“I can’t believe Micah’s really gone,” I whispered. “I can’t believe I’m really safe.” Then, I remembered his face and his leg. I looked up. There was a cut from the top of his cheek bone to his chin, but I knew werewolves healed fast. It was already starting to fade, but it must’ve hurt. Then I looked down at his leg. The cut was covered by his pants, so I couldn’t see it, but I knew it was there. “You’re hurt.”

“I’ll be fine,” he reassured me.

“But, you’re in pain.”

“I’ll be fine,” he held me tighter and spoke, “You worry too much.”

“I don’t like knowing you’re in pain. It hurts me.”

“Then, don’t think about it. It’ll be gone in a couple minutes anyway. I promise you, I’ll be fine. Really,” his voice was soft and comforting.

I looked back up at his face. The wound was barely visible anymore, and I sighed a sigh of relief. He wiped away the blood on his face. “Seth, you make me feel safe.” He smiled, and thunder boomed. The storm was getting closer. I jumped a bit. Storms scared me.

He laughed, “Thought I made you feel safe. Come on, let’s go home before we get soaked by this rain.” He turn me around and put his arm around my shoulder to guide me through the woods.

As we walked back, I realized, more than ever, that it was really over; I was finally safe. Micah was finally gone forever, never to bother us again. Seth had saved me from certain death. A smile spread across my face. I was so happy in that moment. I felt so lucky. I had survived the adventure of a lifetime. Too bad no one would ever know.