Memories of A Cursed Teenager | Teen Ink

Memories of A Cursed Teenager

September 29, 2010
By LoveSickenedRebel GOLD, Lubbock, Texas
LoveSickenedRebel GOLD, Lubbock, Texas
12 articles 0 photos 47 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Why does everyone think I need a man? Look if you find a guy who is decent, good with kids and has respect for women, call me." "It is better to have loved, than to have never loved at all."


Dark, cold, wet, alone in a cave far from the ruins of my homeland. Everything thrust away to practically nothing. No one survived. I shall be condemned for all eternity if I live that long.

Curse these powers.

They are a curse, not some heaven sent gift from above. God has cursed me to walk this earth to destroy anything or anyone I come across to. I wish I could rid myself of this inferior curse. Why God?

Why give me the ability to live if all I am made for is to destroy?

What is my true purpose for being?

Have you, God, purposely made a living time bomb?

A Monster?

An exiled man to live his life in pain and misery for all of his days? "Answer me God!!! Why?!?!?!? Why am I truly here? And why have these powers cursed me so?" I screamed out to the darkness of the tree-crowded sky, waiting for my answer, waiting for hope to come as I had all my life. "Do not fret young warrior. Your answer will come to you soon. I promise." a voice said, reminding me that someone was still able to watch over me.

I had lost everything. My friends, family, towns I had lived in- everything dear to me was gone- and all I had left is the clothes on my back, my cursed powers, and my name that my dear mother had given to me eighteen years ago, Aden.


The author's comments:
I was bored in my computer class and got on to write something so I could let some steam off. I also did this as a practice of writing from a man's point of view. Thank for reading and never put done your pencil or pen, no matter what people may tell you.