The Morning of Horror | Teen Ink

The Morning of Horror

Bam! The gun goes off and he falls to the floor. This is what Little Bobby heard as he ran up to his dad’s bedroom to find his dad on the floor with a bullet hole in his head. He ran back down stairs to the phone and dialed 911. “911 what’s your emergency?” said the operator.

“My dad has been shot in the head!” Little Bobby screamed.

“Calm down! What is your address son?” the operator said.

“7830 Summit View Dr.” he responded with a quiver in his voice.

“Ok an ambulance will be right there! Do you know who did this?” the operator asked.

“No I was asleep when the gun shot woke me up and by the time I got up to his room the shooter was gone!” sobbed Little Bobby.

These are the exact words that Little Bobby dealt with at 1:30 am on the 25th day of the 12th month of the year. His dad was pronounced dead at 1:42 am on that morning of horror. Little Bobby’s life was never the same after this whole thing happened.

Four years later he faced the biggest problem yet. He was 16 years old and was having trouble with transportation. When bobby was a baby his mom had died and only his 25 year old sister was there to take care of him wile he was in his teen hood, but she was now married and had a full time job, so he needed a way to go places. Now that he needed a car he had no way of making enough money to get one. He had his license and a low paying job as a cook at the little cafe in town, but this was not enough to get a car.

Every morning a man named Ian Paterson would come in to the cafe and he would always order a sausage omelet and a side of bacon with melted cheese on top. Every day he would hear Bobby singing a new song that he had never heard. One day he asked him “were do you get those songs?”

Bobby replied “I don’t know, they just kind of come to me.”

Then Ian said “Well I’ve got a recording studio. Would you be interested in writing some of them down and coming over to my place to record a couple and see if we can sell any?”

“Sure, I really need some money for a car because my sister just got married and has a full time job so I have no way to get around.”

“Could I pick you up after your shift and take you to my place?”

“My shift ends in 10 minutes. Does that work?”

“Yea, I’m going to go to the store to get a couple of groceries and I’ll be back in ten minutes”

Ten minutes later bobby was getting in Ian’s car and he asked him “I don’t have any written down yet so what are we going to be doing?”

“I was just thinking about that and I was thinking that we would just write them down and get some music for some instruments for now” replied Ian. And they where off. As they where driving Ian said “hey my sister has a car that she is trying to sell. It’s pretty nice but she really needs some money so she is selling it for cheap and maybe I can get you a discount”

“Well how much is she selling it for?”

“I’m not really sure but I think it is somewhere around two grand”

“What type of car is it?”

“Umm, I think it’s a 04 Chevy blazer. I have some pictures at my house that I can show you”

“Ok. That’s cool. Thanks.” As these last words came out Ian pulled into the driveway.

When they pulled in to the driveway Bobby saw a Blazer in the driveway and a woman who looked surprisingly a lot like Ian. When they got out Ian turned to Bobby and said “Bobby, this is my sister Anna. Anna, this is Bobby. We are going to be down recording a couple of songs that he wrote.”

“Oh, ok, um, I was just wanted to see if you had found anyone interested in the car” she said as she pointed to the Blazer behind her.

“Oh, I almost forgot. Bobby is actually looking for a car and I told him about yours” Ian said as he remembered about the car.

“Oh yea? Well obviously I haven’t gotten any offers so if you are really interested just give me a call”

“Thanks! I don’t really have much money right now so I’ll have to get the money and then I’ll give you a call and see if it’s still available” said Bobby

“Bobby, we better hurry otherwise we won’t have time to do anything” Ian said as he started into the house.

“Well it was nice meeting you. Just give me a call when you get the money” Anna said as she got in her car.

When they got inside there was a girl about Bobby’s age. Ian introduced her to Bobby as his daughter Sarah. “So how come I never see you at school?” Bobby asked.

“I just moved here from my moms in Manhattan Beach”

“Oh, are you staying for good?” Bobby asked.

“Yea, I am going to go to Los Angeles High starting on Monday after break”

“That’s where I go. It’s pretty nice”

“Well we better get going if we want to get anything done today!” said Ian impatiently.

“It was nice meeting you” Bobby said as he started down the stairs after Ian. Everyday for the next couple of years Ian and Bobby would get together. When bobby turned 20 he took a full CD as a demo to WRECK’S RECORDS to try to sell the CD.

“This is great” Jon Wreck told Bobby after they listened to the CD. Two months later Little Bobby’s CD's where in the stores and out almost immediately. Money was practically growing on trees for Bobby and this was only his first CD.

By the time he was 32 he had 10 records out and they were all huge hits. He had also married Sarah and they were living in Beverly Hills with two kids. When he turned 35 he was one of the richest people in the Beverly Hills area and he decided to go out and get a little gift for himself. When he got back he was driving a gray Lamborghini Reventon.

He and Sarah where living the American dream.