How Peter Pan Cut Off Hook's Hand | Teen Ink

How Peter Pan Cut Off Hook's Hand

February 5, 2012
By MeganReikaa SILVER, Lockport, New York
MeganReikaa SILVER, Lockport, New York
8 articles 22 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To die would be an awfully big adventure."


It was a fine day in Neverland. The Neverbirds were singing, the Mermaids were swimming, the beasts were being beastly, but the Lost Boys and Peter had yet found something to do. Time seemed to pass slowly until, and almost simultaneously, did all the boys jump to Peter’s feet with a devilish grin. For what a wicked thing did all their minds create? A dangerous dare, of course, at any rate.

Peter put down his pipes, and huddled close to The Boys waiting for the idea he knew was stirring. Whispers and quiet words were exchanged until the same puckish grin spread across his young face.

“Fight Hook, you say?” He pondered, and touched his chin, “A dare, you say?”

Peter pulled out his sword and directed the tip of it towards the boys in front of him, “What a marvelous adventure.” His face beamed, and shortly after did the boys and Peter bid off in sue of finding themselves a Captain Jas. Hook.

They followed the leader over every rock, under every tree, through every bushel there’d be, until Peter stopped abruptly. For not just a few short yards in front of them did lay the Jolly Roger, Captain Hook’s pirate ship.

The boys popped their heads through the edge of the bushes, and quietly studied Hook’s repugnant crew. “You boys can have anyone of those broken down buccaneers, but you leave Hook to me.” The boys nodded in agreement, and stealthy made their way onto the main port of the Jolly Roger.

They waited patiently, a hard task for a bunch of adolescence boys, until the timing was utterly perfect. Peter raised his sword and crowed, “Now!” They attacked the putrid pirates at full surprise.

The battle between boy and buccaneer was extraordinary! Slashing swords, clanking cutlasses, burning bombs... until every last pirate was rounded up and tossed in the brig. All that was left now was Hook, and he had been claimed by Peter.

Peter flew around the corner and met Hook’s sword with a loud clang! Back and forth, side to side, Peter flew circles around the old codfish. The tired and dismal Hook took one last dash, and with that last dash Peter cut off his hand right.

Hook fainted at the sight of his own blood, and Peter crowed loud and proud to The Lost Boys. “I have beat the Hook!” He exclaimed with a joyous account, “I’m the best there ever was!”

Peter flew down, and into the lost boys scattering them about, laughing with glee. He had not yet realized that Hook’s right hand still dangled from his sword, but when he did, he plucked off the pale skinned affair and tossed it to the hungry crock that had been circling said ship throughout the entire battle. With one gulp the crocodile took down his hand, and developed a taste that only the rest of Hook’s self could cure.

The boys took off after that, in complete success, back to following the leader for more countless adventures.

And that is how Peter Pan cut off the dastardly Captain Jas. Hook’s hand. The End.


The author's comments:
I could never find a story explaining in detail how Peter first cut off Captain Hook's hand, so I decided to write it myself for my shear love Peter Pan.