Unwelcome | Teen Ink

Unwelcome

By A_Helicopter BRONZE, Viroqua, Wisconsin
A_Helicopter BRONZE, Viroqua, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

It all started 20 years ago. When “they” started planning to send ships into space to explore. “They” are the secret society that is controlling our government which in turn controls all of the general public. They have no real name but we call them “The Overseers” They said that it was so we could learn more about what was around us and what was out there but we know what the truth is. They are trying to find a planet like ours that is a few years behind us in development so they can exploit them and turn them into their slaves. I wanted to do something about this so I join the a group that was trying to stop them. We are called “The Silence.” My partner’s name is Rob. I didn’t know him until I joined the Silence. We were put together because of our skills in reconnaissance and exploration. We were told to join one of these ships that was going to explore and try to find out what was going on, and if possible learn who is higher up. Learn who is pulling the strings.
That lead us to be put on this small ship with a crew of only 20. Our job was to survey the nearby galaxy and see if there are any signs of life. We came across some ruins that looked like they had been abandoned long ago. They looked like they had some of the same technology that we had. It wasn’t quite the same but it did the same thing. We also found that the area was very high in radiation so we figured that they had a nuclear fallout and they were wiped off the planet. We gathered some samples and headed back to the space station for testing and that was when we were
“Wake up! Come on! We have to go!” yelled Rob.
He slowly opened his eyes and what he saw woke him right up. He was being rolled down a cold metal hallway on a stretcher. The straps were cut but he could still feel where the restraints had cut into his wrists and ankles. He didn’t remember much except his ship being hit by a missile and him being thrown out into space. He lost consciousness shortly after. After that is was only short bursts of yelling in a language he didn’t understand and pain, lots of pain. “What’s going on? Where am I?” he asked.
“After we got hit you were captured. I escaped in the pod but I guess you didn’t make it to one.” Rob replied.
“No I guess I didn’t” he replied in a sarcastic tone.
“How long has it been? Since I was taken?”
“About 3 days.”
“So where am I?”
“Well apparently we aren’t the only ones in this universe.”
“What do you mean? Was I captured by aliens?”
“That’s the only thing that I can call these things.”
“So they aren’t friendly?”
“Not these ones”
The burst through a door into a bright room. I could feel the cold air beat against my face. It couldn’t believe what I was seeing. This place is huge. It has to be at least a mile high. Off in the distance I could see them. They are big, 8 ft tall at least and strong. They look very different from humans but you can tell that they are humanoid. They didn’t notice us at first. I felt dizzy with the sudden rush of blood from standing up. I nearly fell.
“Be careful man.” said Rob
“I’m fine, lets just find a way out of here.” I replied.
“Yeah, good luck with that. We can’t fly their ships and I don’t know where ours is.”
“We need to capture one of them and make them fly it out. We need them to get past the security doors. We have to find one of the pilots.”
“How do we know which ones are pilots?”
“The ones that are getting off of the ships probably.”

I'm not really done but I wanted to post it anyways.