Battle of Ignar | Teen Ink

Battle of Ignar

December 8, 2014
By MikeDragneel BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona
MikeDragneel BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

A peaceful town is attacked by a guild called the Harbingers of Blood.  All hope seems lost when a mysterious swordsman steps in to save the day.

Chapter 1: The Battle of Ignar

The town of Ignar was a beautiful place.  Children played in the streets from day till night.  Everybody in the town treated each other like family.  For centuries, there was not even a whisper of conflict.  Life was great, and everything was glowing with happiness, but that all changed over the course of 5 hours.  At exactly 3:00 in the year Z55, the town of Ignar was attacked by a guild of ruthless murderers called “The Harbingers of Blood”.

The time was 2:45.  A cloaked figure just finished his business in a blacksmithing shop.  The cloaked figure sheathed his new sword on his back, so the handle was sticking out over his left shoulder, as did the second sword on his back.  Nobody knew the figures name, but everybody called him The Swordsman.  The Swordsman walked along the road until he came to a small house on the right, he reached into his pocket and produced a small, silver key.  He inserted the key into the hole of the front door and unlocked the door.  He walked inside, letting the door slam shut behind him. 

The time was 2:55.   The Swordsman sat alone in a wooden chair staring into the fire place in his living room.  He watched as the fire crackled, and the wood began to split from the heat.  He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, taking a few minutes to rest before the chaos began.  He was the only one who knew about the upcoming attack.  He stood up, adjusted the swords on his back, and left his house.

The time was 3:00.  As The Swordsman walked towards the front of the town.  As he reached the front gates, an explosion blew the gigantic wooden gates clear off its hinges.  The Swordsman continued walking as flames began to rise, engulfing the remains of the front gate.  He walked through the hole where the front gates used to be, and walked until he could clearly see the terror that threatened the town.  He came to stop when he saw what was before him, the entirety of the Harbingers of Blood.  A young man ran out to see what the trouble was.  As the young man approached the Swordsman, the Swordsman held up his arm so it was parallel to the ground, telling the man to stop.  The Swordsman looked slightly back over his shoulder, and shook his head.  The young man stopped dead in his tracks, and turned back towards the town and retreated to safety.

The time was 3:05.  The Swordsman turned his head back to face the approaching army.  He reached to grab one of his swords and unsheathed it.  He swung his arm back down to where it had been before, so the flat of the blade was facing the Harbingers of Blood.  A singular ray of reflected sunlight shone from the flat of the blade the Swordsman held.  In what seemed like an instant, the blade switched positions, so the sharp part of the blade was now facing the army.  The Swordsman dashed forward with break-neck speeds, as he approached the army, he readied his sword for battle.

The time was 3:07.  The Swordsman was approximately 3 seconds away from the front lines of the enemy’s army.  He took a deep breath, and began slashing his sword, cutting down enemy soldiers effortlessly.  Within a matter of seconds, The Swordsman had cut a path straight down the middle of the enemy army.  The Swordsman broke through the back end of the army without a scratch on him.  He slided to a stop, holding his sword that was now drenched with blood.  He took a quick look to his left, then back towards the right, and took note of the catapults on both sides of him.  He quickly unsheathed his other sword, and began spinning his swords in a rapid movement.  The Swordsman lept into the air, and threw one of his swords at the right catapult, and threw his remaining sword at the left catapult.  The swords made contact within a few seconds of them being released.  Both swords cut clean through the wood of the catapults, rendering them both useless.  Both of his swords continued traveling in their spinning motion after they had destroyed the catapults.

The time was 3:11.  The Swordsman landed back on the ground, bending his knees as he landed to reduce the show of the drop.  He stood back up after a few moments.  He turned around to face the army that was now rushing towards him.  As one of the enemy soldiers reached the Swordsman, he thrusted his sword towards him.  The Swordsman jumped into the head, and landed on top of the soldier’s sword.  The Swordsman lept into the air once more, using the soldier’s sword as a springboard.  As the Swordsman was travelling into the air, he stuck his hands out and as if on cue, his swords flew back into his hands.

The time was 3:15.  The Swordsman began to fall back towards Earth.  He readjusted his body so he was now falling head first.  He began to spin his body rapidly as he held his swords.  When he reached the ground, his swords began to rapidly cut into several soldiers.  As his swords began to cut into the flesh of the soldiers, he quickly readjusted his body so he lander on his feet.  He quickly switched his battle style.  The Swordsman now held one sword normally, and the other sword backwards.  He rushed towards a group of enemy soldiers and prepared himself for the intense battle ahead.

The time was 6:15.  The Swordsman ran for an area in an open field to catch his breath.  Just as he reached safety two soldiers attacked him with their swords.  The Swordsman quickly parried both the swords and slashed both the soldiers’ chests open with a quick, leaping attack.  The Swordsman fell to his knees, trying to catch his breath.  He turned to look over his shoulder, ¾ of the enemy army had been slaughtered.  The Swordsman stood back up, gripping his swords in his hands, and he turned to face the remaining soldiers.  Exhausted he rushed back into battle, cutting down soldiers as he ran.  He leapt off of a fallen soldier’s body, and began spinning rapidly, creating a whirlwind of sword slashes.

The time was 8:05.  The Swordsman approached the front of Ignar, covered in blood.  He walked down the road, as the citizens of Ignar stood on the sides of the road staring at him.  As the Swordsman reached the front of his house, the citizens began slowly clapping.  He turned back to face them, and the clapping had grown into fierce chanting.  The Swordsman gave the crowd a slight smile before turning back and entering the front of his house.  There he fell onto the ground, and began the longest sleep of his life.


The author's comments:









 







Preferences

 

 

 










 







Preferences

 

 

 
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
 
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
 
Return
 
 
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
 
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
 
 
English
 
 
alt
alt
 
 
Preferences