Husky origins | Teen Ink

Husky origins

By TheEukaryote17 PLATINUM, Hull, Massachusetts
TheEukaryote17 PLATINUM, Hull, Massachusetts

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” - MLK

Lost guardian/origins story:
"It's done. Everyone done packing?" My mother yelled. We were going on a camping trip. Everyone was ready to go. We put all our stuff in the trunk, and my dad drove away as me and my brother looked back at our house, like we would never see it again. Probably because we would miss it so much. It was a long drive but my brother and I played games. We were good friends and really close. It was about two hours but it felt like days. Like we were traveling by boat across the ocean with no escape out of our journey. I always had a great imagination. I drew a lot of drawings too on the way. "Nice one!" My brother said sincerely about the alien I had drawn. I really listened to what he said, he was my role model.

When we arrived, my brother and I raced to see who would get the better room.
He held me back, he cheated, that was unfair. He could be unfair at times, but I just assumed that's how big brothers were. He got the bigger room. We argued at times, like any other pair of brothers, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoyed it. We unpacked as quick as possible. It took a while, but my mom said that if we unpacked fast enough we could go swimming. We didn't go to water a lot so I was very excited. My brother was even more excited.

We went to the pond. My brother ran out the door. "Keith!" My mom yelled for him. "Watch your brother, Vincent!" She continued. I didn't know why I needed to be watched. I thought I was old enough to take care of myself. Anyway we swam until dark. Keith also met this girl in the pond and talked to her a lot. He didn't watch me, so I was fine with it. Then we went home and went to bed. It was a good first day. I went to sleep in my small room, with my small bed, because I was the smaller, younger, brother. It was like that a lot, I got treated like a baby. Unfair but I had good dreams. The reason why my parents had chosen this park over the other options is because there had been many "alien spotted" places. My brother and I never believed in aliens though. The next day we went scavenger hunting. It was alien themed of coarse. He invited that girl. Just to embarrass him for fun, I told her that he wears tidy whiteys. She laughed at him and he punched me when we were alone, but it was totally worth it. We continued until we got the prize. I didn't think it was that fun, but Keith's friend was laughing every 5 seconds. The scavenger hunt took all day and wasn't notably fun. I slept and had nightmares about aliens, though I don't believe in them nor was I afraid of them.

When I woke up it was noon, the day was half over. I talked to my mom about my nightmare while Keith and my dad were out fishing. She said not to be afraid of aliens because if anything were to happen to us that our husky, red fox,  would protect me, a mans best friend. We named him red fox because I wanted to name him fox, but Keith said that was stupid because a dog cannot be named an animal. He liked red, and I thought that was stupid because you cannot name a dog after a color. Then, Keith came back and later he went out, it was around dinner then. I wanted to go with him. Our parents forced him to take me with him. He was angry. I didn't know where he was going at first. Then I noticed we were on the scavenger trail. When we got there Keith's girlfriends was there. She was crying. He went over to talk to her and made me stay a couple feet away. She whispered to him, but I couldn't hear anything. Eventually we followed her to something she wanted to show him. I wondered what it was, I felt kind of nervously scared, I was feeling worried. 

Eventually we got to where she wanted us to go. There was a space ship! I didn't say anything. Keith swore, but I didn't even care. We looked around and noticed it was dark out. The only thing lighting up the sky was a nearby fire. We followed it, when we got out of the forest we saw a cabin was on fire. We looked around and saw more than just one on fire. That's when I, really, for the first time, believed in aliens. Keith, his girlfriend, and I ran back into the forest. It was so dark that Keith's girlfriend ran into an alien without even seeing it. Keith picked up an alien gun, and that was the first time he shot a gun. He killed the alien. She had fainted. "Go, get help!" Keith screamed at me as he was trying to help her. I ran faster than I ever did in my life back to our cabin. The only thing I didn't think about... was what if our cabin was under attack.

Our cabin was indeed under attack. A fire had started, but not much. I ran inside to get our parents. My dad was unconscious against the fireplace. I ran down the hall to find my mother. She had the bathroom barricaded. I pleaded for her to let me in. I saw an alien slowly walking towards me down the hall. I screamed in panicking fear, hoping she would open it. She was at first unable because of the barricades. She eventually did after she removed all the clutter blocking it. I ran in next to here. She tried to hold it shut and barricade the door again. It wasn't enough though. The alien easily pushed the door open. She stood between the alien and I. She threw something at him. I ran away from him. "Where's Keith?" She said extremely fast. "Helping someone!" I explained. Then the alien recovered from her attack. I looked away as he attacked her. I ran out of the house. Our husky followed me. I was too scared, to scared to go back and find Keith. I ran up the hill behind the cabin as fast and far as I could. Eventually I was far away from the forest and aliens. I watched the whole campsite burn down. I slept in the forest that night, alone, except for my husky. I wondered: "What will happen to Keith? Where did the aliens come from? "Why did they do this? What will happen to me? Who will protect me!?" Then I looked at my dog, the only thing I had left. I fell asleep right next to him, hoping it was all a dream. Hoping, it was a nightmare. MAY BE CONTINUED.

This is a hero story that takes place in my hero storyline called legends off the key. This takes place in era 1, this is the origins of the hero husky