A Call from God | Teen Ink

A Call from God

By graheiny BRONZE, LaVista, Nebraska
graheiny BRONZE, LaVista, Nebraska

It was an ordinary Saturday afternoon when Grace was sitting at her kitchen table munching on some Froot Loops. All of a sudden it started to rain above her head. A voice then boomed from the clouds and a hologram of Jesus appeared next to her. Frightened, Grace jumped out of her seat and threw her cereal all over the ground. Jesus then said, "My dear child Grace, do not be alarmed. For I am Jesus sent by God to give you a mission. This mission requires you to become a surgeon to help people. If you need inspiration watch a little Grey's Anatomy." Grace looked upset and then looked at Jesus to say, "Jesus, first of all I can't do what you are asking. I don't have the self-confidence. I will never ever in my entire life be as good as Derek Sheperd, Meredith Grey, and especially I will never be as good as Christina Yang. Second of all, I don't need inspiration because I have already watched all 11 seasons of Grey's about 13 times."  Grace felt defeated and Jesus could tell. Jesus then exclaimed,"Grace, I'm not asking you to be the best in the business. I just want you to be able to do it well and with love and passion, that is all that matters! Plus God will be with you along the way! Here is a pin of a scalpel to wear whenever you are fulfilling this mission." Grace nodded her head and then a smile rolled across her face. She said,"Okay Jesus, I will complete this job and with love and passion." The hologram then disappeared and the rain above her head went away. Her cereal was magically sitting on the table as if it was never even knocked off. She went back to munching and satisfied knowing that she would fulfill God's plan for her.