The stone man | Teen Ink

The stone man

By PiyaMarschalek SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
PiyaMarschalek SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

“Settle in child and let me tell you a story”

There was a man, who we all know as the stone man. He was the quiet type always keeping to himself. Everyday he would come out walk to the river get a pale of water and walk back, 

but everyday he would have more stone piling up on his body until one day his eyes became too heavy to keep open, blocking the lights out.

Next came his ears silencing the world around him and soon he had so many rocks piled on him he couldn't get up on his final days he wrote a letter for the people like him.

Dear Future generation or whoever is reading you all know me as the stone man but what you don't know is my name is actually Sam.

You have probably started cleaning my humble house out when you find this letter. I have lived a long and lonely life, a life full of regrets and what ifs?.

I have built a stone castle around me and it has crumbled around me. I have many regrets but with writing this I will have one less. So child I will tell you 3 key things you must follow. 

1. When something hard you must be harder face it head on 
2. Find people who love you but also find love for yourself
3. Never ever let society of people take your sparkle 

Now child if you live by theses simple rules you will certainly end up living a extraordinary life and i will be watching down on you every step of the way.

So the stone man lay his hand to rest and took his final breath of air and died with a smile on his face. 

“Grandma” 

“Yes child”

“Is this a real story”

“ Yes my child it is in away, we all have a little bit of the stone man in us no more questions child Go to bed”

“ But grandma I don't understand”

“You will, when the time comes you to will one day meet the stone man”