The Colors of Love | Teen Ink

The Colors of Love MAG

Red is the color I turned when Mark Adams first kissed me on the cheek. I said I most certainly did not like him, and he said he could prove I was lying. He knew a special test. By changing colors I failed the test, and he couldn’t stop laughing.

Orange was the color of our fingertips when we finished a family-sized bag of Cheetos. We stayed up all night watching “Star Wars” movies. Mark couldn’t believe I’d never seen a George Lucas film. We didn’t eat popcorn because he had lost his popcorn-popping privileges. He didn’t tell me why; he just said it was a dark day in the Adams household.

Yellow daffodils were pushing up from the ground when he took me to the park, saying we must “celebrate spring.” He brought an enormous red kite, the kind that has a tail with ribbons. As we sat in the grass, he undid the sun-colored ribbon in my brown hair, adding it to the tail of the kite. We ran all around the park to keep our kite flying, the ribbons waving.

Green was the color of Mark’s face after we rode the biggest roller coaster in the amusement park. He’s afraid of them, but he rode it anyway to prove that he was “man enough,” I guess. When the ride was over, he dashed to the nearest trash can, emptying his stomach. So much for manhood. I couldn’t stop laughing. That is, until he said if I didn’t stop, he’d kiss me on the mouth. Barf kiss: gross!

Blue envelopes are tied up with string in a shoebox under my bed. Love letters Mark left in my locker, signed, “Your secret admirer, Mark.” I told him signing his name defeated the purpose of a secret admirer, but he said he didn’t care.

Indigo ink on the palm of his hand where he wrote “I love you.” I kissed his palm, and all of his fingers, before settling on his mouth.

Violet roses I received a week before our anniversary. We never exchanged gifts on that day. He said red ones were overdone. “Besides,” he added, “violet is the color of passion.” He waggled his eyebrows, and I laughed, hitting him lightly on the arm.

The colors of the rainbow are the ties that bring Mark and me together. Growing ever stronger, they portray our love.

i really liked how u used all the colors to tell a different story its romantic. keep writing:]

Yousmell-likealoser BRONZE, Belgium, Wisconsin

"Life may not always be what you want, but life is all you've got; so stick a flower in your bellybutton and be happy!"

Wow I really like it :) the way you used all those colors was really cool

Atticus SILVER said...
Atticus SILVER, Wenatchee, Washington

She deserves to be written~

Fantastic Job! Love the flow and how you tie everything with colors, charming.

teenbookworm14 PLATINUM, Plainfield, Connecticut

"Nothing gold can stay" -Robert Frost

this is incredibly amazingl brilliantly fantastically perfect! i 10000% love it!!! keep writing! comment on my work too please :D

youaintgotnopancakemix SILVER, Danbury, Connecticut
I found this very nice and intriguing. Like everyone else says, I love it! :)

Faithband3 BRONZE, Westbury, New York
this is incredible i L - O - V - E it

poeticspirit12334 PLATINUM, Groesbeck, Texas

Wearing a Christian T-shirt, and a cross necklace does NOT make you a Christian. , "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord "They are plans to give you a hope and a future.'' Jeremiah 29:11

wow. i dont know what else to say but wow and i love this! check out my stuff?

coly33 BRONZE said...
coly33 BRONZE, Lyndhurst, New Jersey

wow that was beutiful u compared colors to your love for that i guy b/c of what u were doing on dates and stuff i really liked it

:)

Ellawind PLATINUM, Seattle, Washington

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Dream like you will live forever, live like you will die today.

It's very creative and inspired. Colors are things we see every single day- it's nice to see something so ordinary and simple transformed into writing with such meaning.  

pageturner PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York

It's okay to daydream.. just as long as you get to do some of those daydreams.

I like your story. Something poetic, but not corny. Finally a romantic story that doesn't make me sick. Can you continue on this? Oh and can someone please leave some comments on my articles?

Jellybean9898 PLATINUM, Glendale, California

"When nothing goes right, go left"-Anonymous
"Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste to the sky as well as the Earth"-Henry David Thoreau

this is so cute!  i was smiling, like awww!  of course, i've read this piece a gajillion times, but i never get tired of doing so.  great job, and i hope you contribute more work!

Eternally17 SILVER, Dubai, Other

"There exists no heaven and no hell, nothing to look forward to after we have gone to ashes; live every moment NOW, and make things happen the way you want to in this lifetime; not the next."

BRILLIANT piece of work!

Ure writing abilities are awesome,, keep up the great work! ^.^

addicted1997 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

If you love something, srt it free. If they come back, it was meant to be. If they dont, they were never yours in the first place.

This is one of the most amazing pieces of work i have ever read! Its amazing! Keep writing! I love your work!

Stefegg PLATINUM, Maysville, Missouri

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world."

Really amazing.  I figured you'd end it with something like "Violet is the color my face turned as I held my breath.  He was breaking up with me, I knew it" But it was beautiful. Good job!

Madison22 said...
aaaawwww....this is sooo cool!! amazing! !

ReaganAshby BRONZE, Sanger, Texas

"'For I know the plans I have for you' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper and not to harm you.'"
Jeremiah 29:11

so so good! i loved it(: keep writing.

and will yall please check out my writing? thankss and again it was great

Shelly-T GOLD said...
Shelly-T GOLD, Romeoville, Illinois
This is nice!

EllieK. BRONZE said...
EllieK. BRONZE, Wilmette, Illinois

"Not all who wander are lost"
JRR Tolkien

"Sometimes life sucks, so suck it up"
-ME

""We succeeded in taking that picture (from deep space), and if you look a it, you see a dot. Thats here. That's home. Thats us. On it, everyone you ever heard of

This is soooo cool and creative. I never would have thought of using all of the colors this way. Keep writing amazingly.

Would anyone mind checking out some of my work. Thanks!

Coffee BRONZE said...
Coffee BRONZE, Tallahassee, Florida

Your Face.

That was really really good. Keep on writing

-daydreamer- SILVER, Smyrna, Tennessee

"Carpe.... Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary." ---Robin Williams, "Dead Poets Society"

I really really liked this, you should definitely keep writing.