The Colors of Love | Teen Ink

The Colors of Love MAG

Red is the color I turned when Mark Adams first kissed me on the cheek. I said I most certainly did not like him, and he said he could prove I was lying. He knew a special test. By changing colors I failed the test, and he couldn’t stop laughing.

Orange was the color of our fingertips when we finished a family-sized bag of Cheetos. We stayed up all night watching “Star Wars” movies. Mark couldn’t believe I’d never seen a George Lucas film. We didn’t eat popcorn because he had lost his popcorn-popping privileges. He didn’t tell me why; he just said it was a dark day in the Adams household.

Yellow daffodils were pushing up from the ground when he took me to the park, saying we must “celebrate spring.” He brought an enormous red kite, the kind that has a tail with ribbons. As we sat in the grass, he undid the sun-colored ribbon in my brown hair, adding it to the tail of the kite. We ran all around the park to keep our kite flying, the ribbons waving.

Green was the color of Mark’s face after we rode the biggest roller coaster in the amusement park. He’s afraid of them, but he rode it anyway to prove that he was “man enough,” I guess. When the ride was over, he dashed to the nearest trash can, emptying his stomach. So much for manhood. I couldn’t stop laughing. That is, until he said if I didn’t stop, he’d kiss me on the mouth. Barf kiss: gross!

Blue envelopes are tied up with string in a shoebox under my bed. Love letters Mark left in my locker, signed, “Your secret admirer, Mark.” I told him signing his name defeated the purpose of a secret admirer, but he said he didn’t care.

Indigo ink on the palm of his hand where he wrote “I love you.” I kissed his palm, and all of his fingers, before settling on his mouth.

Violet roses I received a week before our anniversary. We never exchanged gifts on that day. He said red ones were overdone. “Besides,” he added, “violet is the color of passion.” He waggled his eyebrows, and I laughed, hitting him lightly on the arm.

The colors of the rainbow are the ties that bring Mark and me together. Growing ever stronger, they portray our love.

head.in.the.clouds, Frederick, Maryland

The goal isn't to live forever, its to create something that will. ~ Chuck Palahnuik

This is so sweet! I love it

emmilove24 BRONZE, Erlanger, Kentucky

"True strength is holding yourself together, when everyone expects you to fall apart."

This is the most heart-felt , romantic piece of writing i have ever read.  Brought tears to my eyes.  Hes quite a lucky man to have such a talented women. Keep up the amazing talent you have !

Riley_C GOLD said...
Riley_C GOLD, Gaithersburg, Maryland

"There is simply nothing worse than knowing how it ends." -Brendon Urie

This is so sweet! I absolutely love all the romantic things in the relationship. <3

limelove said...
limelove, Gresham, Oregon

Memories last forever.

i love this it's really good. And sweet too.

chelsrose BRONZE, Teutopolis, Illinois

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Great love and great achievements involve great risks.

aww cute:) never take love like that for granted...

MaysileeDonner BRONZE, Milpitas, California

"Too close, I thought. There was nothing wrong with fire... as long as you didn't stand too close."

AW! cuuutteeee....!!!

PoetLaureate07 PLATINUM, Aberdeen, Mississippi

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing..

awwwweeeeeeee... :') i love it!!!

Elizabeth_Day SILVER, Battle Ground, Washington
I totally agree.  Just alter the last two sentences and it will be perfect.

AlynIsMe BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana

There are no good girls gone wrong - just bad girls found out.
Mae West

It feels kind of cliche I guess, but it's good.

AWW!!! i  LOVE this story!!! There is only one thing that i think you should fix, in some of the sentences, it doesnt start out with " ...... is the color......" it goes better when it is there. But other then that, i can't find anything wrong with it, it is an awesome story!!!!!! :)

SoftballismylifeBobo5 SILVER, Byron, New York

those who mind dont matter those who matter dont mind; you will always miss 100% of the shots you dont take; forget the risk take the fall if its what you want its worth it all<3

awww:) ilove this :)

WingsFlyingHigh BRONZE, Sterling, Virginia

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marylin Monroe

I love it! It's very cute! Just one problem, the last two sentences don't seem to fit the flow at all; its kind of a jerk out of the story. It seems very formal and unnatural. But otherwise, this story was great!

SaMiLoVe97 SILVER, Okawville, Illinois

If it doesnt break your heart it isnt love, if it doesnt break your heart its not enough. Its when youre breaking down with your insides coming out.Thats when you learn what youre made of.-Switchfoot<3

Ohmygosh!!!!! This is so cute and sweet!!!!! i love this so much!!!! Keep writing  please(:

amalie PLATINUM, Binghamton, New York

"Stop existing and stop living"- Michael Jackson ("Heal the World")

Cute!! Very interesting read, I like the reality and simplicity of it. Plus, it's such a cute, uplifting story:)

brysmarie12 PLATINUM, Neoga, Illinois

I am the author of my own life... unfortunately I'm writing in pen and can't erase my mistakes.

Wow. This is absolutely amazing. I love it! This piece is absolutely adorable, and I hope it really happened. If not, I hope you do find love like this someday! :)

skisoul96 GOLD said...
skisoul96 GOLD, Flushing, New York

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today
its already tomorrow in Australia.

a little too much, not ery realistic but it was written well and flowed well...cute.

Leann14 GOLD said...
Leann14 GOLD, DeGraff, Ohio
easygoing/lighthearted...cute and such a lovely story... is really true?? if so, how rare! (:

Hippiechick10 SILVER, One Stoplight Town, Connecticut

Those who deny freedom to others , deserve it not for themselves. (Abe Lincoln)

AAAAwwWweessssssommmmee! No other words to describe it!

cdmswimmer9 GOLD, Costa Mesa, California

"Faith is taking the first step when you can't see the whole staircase." -MLK Jr.

I Loved It! So cute and creative!

Please rate and comment.

Dance by cdmswimmer9

orangecrush said...

Really love this piece :)

The last line doesn't seem to fit as well, and makes it seem less like a story and more like an essay. But besides that, well done!