Circles | Teen Ink

Circles

By maxtoubs BRONZE, Houston, Texas
maxtoubs BRONZE, Houston, Texas

"Et tout ira bien, le vent nous portera."

Circles. I'm spinning in circles. My arms feel as if they are being tugged outward and my feet threaten to trip over each other. My head tilts back and a laugh rolls off of my tongue like the soap bubbles a child makes. It is not the way one laughs at a joke, rough and uncontrolled like a light cough, and it is not monotone or forced as laughs are when you feel as if you should. This laugh is the kind that pours out of your mouth and into the atmosphere lightly and carelessly.

When my legs become tired, I let the momentum pull me to the ground and my arms lie at either side of me. A ladybug crawls onto my toe because I am part of the grass now. It's tiny legs are small feathers that tickle me and, once again, make me laugh. This time, the sound drifts through the field and floats up, up to the sky. The sunlight licks me with it's pleasant rays and I bathe it's golden light.

I think of nothing for a while except the soft green fringe beneath me and the pure blue space above me, raggedly spotted with fluffy white cotton balls. I hear nothing but my own breathing which sings me a lullaby. With my mouth in a slight curve, I pull a blanket of the sun's warmth up to my chin and close my eyes.

paige14 GOLD said...
paige14 GOLD, Portsmouth, Ohio

Say what you need to say--John Mayer

This story perfectly described one of those perfect moments where you don't really care about what happened before or what will happen after or even why you are so happy, you just are. A wonderful story

GittaR GOLD said...
GittaR GOLD, Ararat, Other

Every man has purpose with which he sets out in his life. Let yours be the doing of all good deeds- Robin Hood BBC Series

I agree. You've written a moment of total happiness. You described it sooooo well! It made me remember all the times I spun in circles. Well done! You're really good:))

CupcakeSaffy PLATINUM, Cochrane, Other

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

Wow - that was really beautiful. I love that it doesn't really have a long list of events, like some fiction does (mine included) and it's just about one moment and the happiness that comes with it. Well done!