Waiting. | Teen Ink

Waiting.

By vallerieanna18 GOLD, Madawaska, Maine
vallerieanna18 GOLD, Madawaska, Maine

Last night the most strange thing happened. I was lying in my bed on my laptop. I glanced up at the time and realized that it was well past my bedtime and I was still waiting for my beloved to call. He said that he was going to call me about an hour before, but I guess that he must have created himself something to do and the time had flown by (like he normally had). But as I was sitting there starring at the dull of my internet computer screen, I started thinking. Why do we spend most of out lives waiting?

Think about this: As you are waiting for your Metro Station subway car to get here, you see someone waiting for a phone call on his or her cell phone (or maybe its just a text). You look over down the black hole where the car is supposed to pop out like a bright Cyclopes, you see 2 teens holding hands, waiting to find the right one and hoping it is each other. You take a moment to look at them and wait for a smile to arise on the girls face. It happens and she looks down, and you notice the boy waiting for her to put her head back up so he could see her beautiful face again. You stand there waiting for the smile to rise on your face. It happens. You’re happy, they’re happy.

As you and I are sitting here, you are waiting for finish reading this article, and I am waiting to finish typing it. I’m waiting for some sort of idea to pop into my head as to what I can continue to write about with this topic. Waiting and waiting for a single idea. But as I look around and realize that there is no idea waiting for me to find it on the shelf with magazines on it, or on the chair in the corner that is crooked, I just sit there staring at a screen half full of words that I forget about until I re-read what you are currently reading. Of which you are still waiting for the ending.

But when is the ending?

When is the end?

Why are you still waiting?