Point Of View | Teen Ink

Point Of View

By MakennaD BRONZE, Rupert, Idaho
MakennaD BRONZE, Rupert, Idaho

When a door closes a window opens. Now it's up to you decide if you want to squeeze through the window or find another door.

I feel like when a situation arises there are a lot of sides that seem to appear. Suddenly people you didn't even knew where involved come out of wood work. You have your side, but I have mine too.
I was at dinner with my family when I got the news. Pretty terrible place right? I told my mom I had to go to the restroom, but I didn't. I locked the door and collapsed on the floor. Keep breathing in and out. I kept telling myself you knew this would happen, besides why do you care you're dating him for the sake of having someone to hold your hand. I kept telling myself that, but it didn't make the facts any less true. I wiped my eyes and walked back to our dinner table. I put on my brave face that could fool God himself.
I sat at home thinking what I was going to do. I ignored your call who knows how many times. I got so fed up I just turned it off, put it aside, and let it fill up with your lies. As the night drew on I grew lonely. I was alone. I turned on my phone and deleted everything you sent me. I deleted all your missed calls and cleared your voice-mails but I was done deleting your texts a little one still appeared in my inbox. It was from him. The boy who's smile was as sweet as honey and had the hair to match. I smiled and opened it. Hey, it read. I smiled. His simplicity made me happy. Conversation between us wasn't forced it was natural and relaxed, just two people who weren't close but there was still something there. I replied with a simple hi. I screwed up there. hi wasn't me and he knew that. He asked what was up and I told him. I'd known this guy for a month yet here I was spilling my guts out about you, but he listened and he helped. And maybe he helped to well. Next thing I know he's flirting and I'm flirting back. I feel guilty but why should I? You kissed another girl, what makes what I'm doing so bad? Now that him and I have talked for hours and I'm exhausted and have to put up with school tomorrow, when I asked the question that flipped my world, because at that moment all I wanted was a hug.
I hate that moment when you walk into school and it grows quite because everyone knows what happened. I get those looks of I'm sorry and the hey it's that girl. My friends were no better. All standing by my locker silent. They all give me hugs. They don't say anything, and for the moment I love them for that. Then he walks in. Tall and proud. He walks up and smiles. Uncontrollably I fall into his chest as he grabs me tight. He's strong and I can feel his heart beating. His arms tighten and I feel safe. He kisses the top of my head, lets me go, and walks down the halls. I can't breath. He smells like that cologne I like, but can never remember it's name. Then you walk in. I've had this plan: avoid. You're to smart for that though. You have me in front of you. I try to move but you have me blocked. You're trying to tell me your side but right now I don't want to hear it. I'll give you your chance later.
He tells me he likes me the next day. He says if I want him to he'll dump his girlfriend for me. I tell him not to do it, at least not yet. I've told me your side. About how she kissed you and you told her to not to ever do that again and that you then walked off. The truth is I believe you, but now I face a new problem.You screwed up. You didn't tell me the second it happened, I heard it from a friend. And from that it pushed me over the edge, pushed right into another guys arms. So now I have this choice. I can stay with you, the boy I know, but the boy I no longer trust. Or I could go with him, the guy I verily know but fell for fast. But my mom brought up a point: what about you? I hadn't thought that. What about me? The thing about having a relationship is you get so worked up about the other person you forget who you are, what you stand for, and your needs. She tells to stay single. Half my friends say stay with you. The other half says go for him. But what about my say?
In life, I have the strength, patience, passion, ability, and drive to reach for the stars to change the world. So everyday I'll take life as a daring adventure and not worry about things I can not avoid or change; for how much pain have I caused myself from the evils that have never happened?

The last paragraph is my mission statement. These my words and my point of view.

Signed_DK SILVER, Declo, Idaho

There is no line between genius and insanity, I erased it.

Violence isn't the answer, it's the solution.

Luv it Makenna. But really!