Weakening | Teen Ink

Weakening

By EAPoe PLATINUM, Vermillion, South Dakota
EAPoe PLATINUM, Vermillion, South Dakota

"I only write what I feel." -Me

She didn’t know how long she’d been like this or how much longer she could go on. All she knew was that she might possibly be dying. She could barely stay awake, only to see her worried friends gathered around her bedside. She was breathing steadily and deeply with the help of an oxygen mask. She couldn’t feel most anything and didn’t feel like she was in any pain. She only felt confusion and weakness.
She could feel her heart beat, yet could hardly hear anything else. She felt as if everything was getting slower, even herself. In blurring eyes, she could see her friends begging her to hold on. She wondered how she came to this and whether she could be saved or not. With all her might, she looked back on her memories. Ah, yes, her memories.
They were the reason why she was like this now. Remembering the pain she possessed long ago and the sadness over such lost times. There was something in those memories that affected her as well as her heart. She didn’t know why, but each time she reflected on a moment in her childhood, her heart seem to weaken with an unexplainable sadness. It was only so much of this that she had to be brought here in this condition. There was little she could do now but wait. She took one more breath, exhaled deeply, and closed her eyes.

I feel the same thing with my memories as the character does. I was watching "Ed, Edd, n' Eddy" when I wrote this. It seemed to provoke that weakening feeling from my memories.