Night At The Cabin | Teen Ink

Night At The Cabin

By Colt45 BRONZE, Cogan Station, Pennsylvania
Colt45 BRONZE, Cogan Station, Pennsylvania

It was a cold foggy night at the cabin; the moon was a bright white as if it was the whites of someones eyes, lighting up the way as we walk back to the cabin through the deep dark woods cover in vanilla white snow freshly laid the night before.
As we get back to the cabin we walk in and the smell of the warm fire burning warms the cool air from the outside seeping in. We come in and make hot chocolate and start to warm up from the cold outside that covered us like a blanket. As we drink our hot chocolate there came a TAP on the door.
“Who could that be?” Billy thought. Not knowing who it might be billy yelled “Who is it?’’ while looking strangely at the door, no one answered him so he yelled again ‘’Who is it?’’ and still no one answered, so billy went to the window and looked out; no one was there.
So they went back to watching T.V. and warming up, but again another KNOCK at the door, this time louder. Billy got up and look through the window, like last time no one was there. So at the next time someone or something knocked at the door billy was ready for whatever was there. As billy waited,watching and waiting on the knock to happen on the front door, when suddenly there was a BANG on the back door as if it had opened and slammed shut.
‘’Anyone there?’’ Billy asked, then he noticed his dad was missing from the couch.’’Dad was that you’’ he wondered as he yelled in fright.’’Dad where are you,did you go outside,was that BANG you?’’ he screamed in terror as he was looking around frantically to see what happened; next out of the dark outside of the door, he saw who it was, from the deep dark outside he saw a face, a face like no other, a face that looked familiar to him.
‘’Is that you’’ he whispered as he wondered if his eyes deceived him; nope they did not it was who he thought,It was his dad.
‘’Hi son, sorry if i scared you i just had to goto the out house’’ His dad announced to him.
Next they both settled down and started to work our way up stairs to go to sleep. They turned off the T.V. and went up stairs, as they laid down there came another KNOCK on the door and they both just ignored it this time.
Next morning they got up and made breakfast, ate it and got ready for the day, today was a big day because it was the last day till we got home from the cabin.As they got up and packed the car full of their stuff from over the week they had noticed a trail into the woods, a trail with blood on the leaves and sticks passed by as whatever walked through the woods.They decided to follow it and see what was on the end of the trail.As they neared the end of the trail they sall a shape, a weird shape that did not look human to there eyes, but when they got to the end it was gone, nothing left, olny air and it was silent, the trail just stoped dead in its tracks, gone.
They walked back to the car and when they got there they saw it, something that was not there before, they could tell it was not there before; it was a puddle of fire truck red blood that lead into the house, blood everywhere and on everything. Billy’s dad went to check on it and told billy to stay and keep packing the car and get ready to go.
After 6 minutes billy started wondering where his dad was.
‘’Dad are you still looking?’’ Billy yelled in wonder where he was.‘’Dad where are you?’’ He asked again looking through the front door this time. Billy started to look through the house,with every new room he looked in he yelled ‘’Dad?’’.
Finally the last room and he still did not find his dad, billy slowly opened the door ‘’Dad are you in here?’’ he asked as he opened the door more,finally the door was open and he saw what happened, he saw it the body, the knife, the towel, the blood but no murderer. Billy quick knelt down listening to see if his dad was still breathing, he was not, as dead as a stone, laying there blood everywhere, but no murderer.
‘’Where is the murderer?’’ billy thought ‘’ where is he?’’ he kept thinking as he paced back and forth through the room back and forth and back and forth; then it hit him, hit him like a bus, how did he not think of it, the window that lead to the back side of the house was open, the murderer went out the window.
‘’Oo no!’’ billy thought as he ran to the back porch to look outside.
As billy opened the back door to the back porch he saw a figure at the last second run into the woods and look back, still running.

‘’Get back here!!’’ Billy yelled as he saw him look back again.
Billy went out front to get cell phone, he look and looked and looked for it and then just at that moment it happened, he found it, he found the cell phone; but then he noticed, he noticed he had a limited amount of minutes left and one bar of service, he scattered around looking for better service, at last he found full service and started to dial the number,halfway dialed the number in the phone and then the unthinkable happened.

My piece is a short story about a couple days at a cabin that a dad and son stay at.