Until the Voices Disappear | Teen Ink

Until the Voices Disappear

By Alex_Murphy BRONZE, Chiba, Other
Alex_Murphy BRONZE, Chiba, Other

When it comes to love, don't choose the better person.
Choose the one that will make YOU the better person.

I was in front of my locker. I was getting ready for my next class. Just when I was taking out my books, two girls came behind me. Why I knew without looking back? I heard them as they came towards me tapping their feet.
‘She is so in the way.’ One said.
‘Why is she even in school?’
But their conservation went something like this.
“Hey, can I get through? My locker is right next to yours.” One asked me.
“Yeah, sorry. We just want to take out our books.” The other said.
Their real thoughts were banging into my head. It made me feel like nothing and feel like everyone in this world was lying to me. The same as a mosquito-loved by no one.

I moved out of the way quickly. I could hear them laughing with their mouth and in their minds. I wanted to go somewhere quiet. I knew it was impossible. But I couldn’t stop trying. Everywhere I go, I hear what people aren’t saying. In other words, I hear the voices inside their heads. I know everyone’s secrets, desires and thoughts.

I pushed past people as fast as I could.
‘I hate this guy.’ ‘He’s so hot.’ ‘I wish I can have sex with every girl in the school.’
‘I’m so much better than any of these people who come to school.’ The voices started to be millions. My ears were burning with words I shouldn’t be listening to. I couldn’t stand it. It was too much.

That’s when it happened. As I was close to running down the hall, a boy appeared from nowhere. He dressed like he was ready to skateboard any second. With the long shaggy brown hair, t-shirt and sneakers. But that that’s not important. It was the second when I looked into his amber eyes. I had no idea what he was thinking. It took a few moments for me to realize I was staring at him. It felt weird not knowing. And the funny thing was, he just smiled nicely to me and moved on.

this is something that i wrote from boredom. i just randomly wrote this down. i hope you enjoy this.

Athena19 SILVER, Central Point, Oregon

'Love people. Cook them tasty food.' -Penzey's Spices

I like the idea of this one! It's a really good reminder to watch our thoughts as well as our words