BTY University | Teen Ink

BTY University

March 17, 2015
By Brooks Davis BRONZE, Ormond Beach, Florida
Brooks Davis BRONZE, Ormond Beach, Florida
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It is Jeff’s first day as a freshman at Better Than You University or better known as BTYU and boy was he nervous. But he has to stay confident and of course act better than everyone else because only the biggest baddest people get into the fraternity called Way Better Than You also known as WBTY. He knew they had members everywhere from day one searching for new members to add to the brotherhood. He attended college with his best friend Kevin and they both wanted the same thing, to be a part of the WBTY.
“Act cool man act cool” Kevin says under his breath to Jeff “I am man you need to relax”
“I’m honestly imagining like were in one of the scenes at the beginning of college movies where everything’s slow mow and cool music is playing in the background and everyone’s looking at us. You know what I’m saying Kev?”
“…..Bro you’re an idiot...”
“You’re not my dad!” yells Jeff, Kevin sighs and they continue to walk to their dorms.
After the first Week of moving in Jeff and Kevin had already got invited to WBTY, so they were pretty much better than everyone else. They didn’t even need to rush, the WBTY had selectively picked them based off of their cocky front they portrayed as soon as they stepped on campus.
Going to the first meeting of WBTY, they were assigned their first initiation. Bart, the leader of WBTY, appeared to be the one that had the ideal stance of a true Way-Better-Than-You member. Brown Sperrys on his feet, coral chubbies that reached a mile above his knees, and a short wide Polo shirt accompanied with an American Flag visor worn upside down and backwards. Jeff gawked incredulously at his appearance then shamefully peered down at his cargo pants and plain white t-shirt.
“Alright brethren, your first task as a true WBTY member is to follow a lame-o around campus for an entire week and let them be constantly reminded what a failure they are compared to you. Only a true member lets everyone know how much better they are than them, because if you’re a part of this frat, then you are,” Bart snorted, copied by the rest of the frat. Kevin began to feel a little nervous after this task, seeing as he’s always been a pretty modest and polite guy. He was assigned with a kid named Payton Smalls, supposedly some burn out kid from Daytona Beach.
Luckily, Kevin had Payton in his next class, so the initiation started right away. He stalked him to speech, shouting slurs like, “Did your mommy dress you this morning?” and, “I don’t even know you, but I can tell you aren’t going far.”
However, after every remark, Kevin always felt a tinge of guilt for Payton, who never really paid much attention to Kevin anyways. Well, that’s the way it seemed, he barely ever gave his existence much notice.
After speech, Kevin followed Payton back to his dorm room, which was covered with all sorts of posters of bands he never even knew lived.
“Bro, why’re you doing this? I understand you wanna be in this little frat group, but do you really have to stalk me to my room?” This was the first time Payton spoke to Kevin.
Trying to act as cool and better-than-you as possible, Kevin replied, “Just doing my daily duty of keeping losers like you in their place on the food chain.” He looked at him all smug but Payton didn’t buy it.