Remembering | Teen Ink

Remembering

By Vaati-Picori SILVER, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Vaati-Picori SILVER, Tuscaloosa, Alabama

"It's much harder dealing with the living. Give me a ghost to talk to any day."Roy Mustang

“Kids these days. They think it’s a competition to have the most friends. One is enough. Find someone completely unique.” Yato Noragami

The heavy flakes landed in silver hair and black birds flew through the air the blue eyed boy looked up at the gray sky, his head spinning memories of the last few years, the only few years he can remember, he woke up in odd place, with no memory of his home or even his name he was lost, but the people the town had treated him kindly and gave him a place to stay, he had made friend and the whole  village considered him part of their families,  he was happy and warm. He remembered his first day of work, he had gotten a job as a blacksmith with Garen, the Raven haired young man was more than happy to have him around. He thought back to the  first meal he made on his own, it was curry, he had made it way to hot and when his friend tried it they couldn’t help themselves to the river water. The he remembered his first major injury, it was a storm, he and Zain had been hunting when the storm arrived, he had slipped in the mud and hit his head on a rock, he woke up days later  but was fine after a few days rest, he still has the scare on his forehead. He skipped pass the sadder memories, losing Garen to a illness, then Zain to the same illness a year later. HE remembered then, how they loved the snow. He, Garen, and Zain would be the only grown men to be making snowmen like little kids. They had no regrets, they smiled and joked till the last breath, they had family and friends with then, but he didn’t, he would spend these last few silent moments alone, letting out his last breath deep in the woods. And he was ok with that, he would be remembered. 

Never let the memories pass you by, even the sad ones are to important to forget.