Seven Separate Sonorities | Teen Ink

Seven Separate Sonorities

By crazyana17 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
crazyana17 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

They are the only ones who dictate me. I am the only one who hears them. Seven separate sonorities with death in their hearts and hatred in their souls. Seven who are not welcome but stay. Seven untamed beasts inhibiting my thoughts. From within I can hear them, but everyone disagrees and disappears.
        Their presence is secret. They send innocent souls into isolation. They enter and exit one’s thoughts and pluck the concept of logic between their grotesque claws and mutter to the barren life and never cease their chatter. This is how they poison.
        Let one discover their existence, they’d all fuse together, creating one diabolic dimension. Kill, kill, kill, they bellow as I cripple. They command.
        When I am too empty and too consumed to continue existing, when I am a quieted voice among so many others, then it is I become mute. When there is nothing left to say. Seven who spoke despite invitation. Seven who build and do not forget to destroy. Seven whose only reason is to exterminate. 

This poem was written in the style of our mentor text:
“Four Skinny Trees” from the novel The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros