Christmas | Teen Ink

Christmas

December 5, 2016
By horrorchick BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
horrorchick BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Christmas is a widely known holiday. It has many names all around the world yet the concept is the same, but what would happen if Christmas disappeared? No more holiday cookies and holiday cheer, no more dancing and prancing, no more Rudolph, and no more jolly old man named Santa Claus.

You have no reason to worry since everyone loves Christmas. Well, everyone except Father Time. Now, who is that you may ask? Well he's the one who gave that jolly old man his own holiday. Father Time is always busy and he likes to keep a tight schedule believe it or not. Yet every year his plans and his schedule are always thrown off by that jolly old man and his little elves too.

That holiday which only happens one day a year has spiraled into a holiday that lasts a whole month. In fact, preparations for this holiday start as soon as one day after the scariest holiday of the year. This means a whole holiday is often overlooked. It's a holiday to give thanks yet the day after that is another day that helps people prepare for Christmas.

All this threw off Father Time's schedule and made him upset. This went on for a while ‘till it made the other holiday patrons upset. Thanksgiving pilgrim felt under appreciated, New Years baby was often upset by the fact that the people didn't make as much fuss for his one day a year, Cupid tried to spread love yet he didn't have much say since his holiday also lasted more than one day.

Father Time called that Jolly old man with a simple request. “...a meeting with the other holiday patrons” he said. Well Santa agreed and a meeting date was set.

When the meeting day finally arrived everyone was anxious well all except two. Father Time and that jolly old man who both had plans of their own. Just like the holiday Santa's workshop had grown.
All around them elves ran around offering cookies and holiday cheer yet the holiday patrons felt anything but cheerful. “Let the meeting begin” announced Father Time.

So one by one each holiday patrons concerns was addressed. Most could be solved with a simple apology yet the one’s that could not were Thanksgiving Pilgrims concerns. When the jolly fat man was asked “Could you reign in your holiday at least until after Thanksgiving?”. His reply was a simple “Who cares about Thanksgiving? No one that's who. That holiday should just be erased and used as yet another month of preparation for my holiday”. All around the room gasps and protests of outrage could be heard.

Now, Father Times was tired of Santa's sense of entitlement. “Mr. Claus I will request you apologize to Thanksgiving Pilgrim and reign in Christmas before I'm forced to take drastic measures.”. Santa refused and once again said “Father Time just erase Thanksgiving no one will miss it.”

“You know what, Santa Claus you’re right a holiday needs to be erased but it won't be Thanksgiving!” Father Time exclaimed. His decision was final there was no going back. Father Time erased Christmas from everyone's mind and the calendar year. Christmas was no more. No more holiday cheer, no more dancing and prancing, no more Rudolph, and absolutely no more jolly old man named Santa Claus.