Betting Against Muichiro | Teen Ink

Betting Against Muichiro

By jellifish DIAMOND, Foster City, California
jellifish DIAMOND, Foster City, California

You bet against Muichiro’s speed, and your fellow Hashira challenges back.  

The Demon Slayer Corps headquarters was bustling with activity as the Hashiras gathered for their weekly meeting. As usual, you found yourself standing next to Muichiro, exchanging playful banter.

"You know, Muichiro, you might be a Hashira, but I bet I could outrun you in a race," you said, a mischievous glint in your eyes.

Muichiro raised an eyebrow, his lips curling into a faint smile. "Is that so?" he replied, shifting his eyes to yours in a deadlock.

You grinned, not backing down from the challenge. "Absolutely. I've seen you in action, and while you're incredibly fast with your Breath of Mist, I think I have a chance," you said, emphasizing the last part with a playful poke to his chest.

"Well, we'll see about that," Muichiro said in a whisper, leaning close to you, his face mere inches from yours.

Your heart raced, and you swallowed nervously, the close proximity to Muichiro making your breath catch in your throat. The playful atmosphere had shifted into something charged with unspoken emotions.

As you and Muichiro continued to gaze at each other, the other Hashiras had taken notice. They watched the exchange unfold with wide eyes, their curiosity piqued by the unexpected intimacy between you two.

"Muichiro is getting bold," Giyuu muttered to Sanemi, who only shrugged in response.

"It seems they have quite the connection," Shinobu whispered to Mitsuri, who nodded excitedly in agreement.

The air around you crackled with anticipation, and though your teasing words had sparked this moment, you found yourself lost in the depth of Muichiro's gaze. There was something about the way he looked at you that made your heart flutter and your cheeks flush.

"Maybe we should, uh, get back to training," you finally managed to say, breaking the intense eye contact.

Muichiro straightened, a small smile still playing on his lips. "Of course," he replied, the teasing tone still present in his voice—but the moment was not forgotten.

Neither had the other Hashiras forgotten. They exchanged knowing looks with each other, remembering all of the stolen glances and shared moments of quietude you two had together when both thought no one else was looking.