Falling For Muichiro… Literally | Teen Ink

Falling For Muichiro… Literally

By jellifish DIAMOND, Foster City, California
jellifish DIAMOND, Foster City, California

You and Muichiro train as Hashiras... until you fall for him—but literally.

As Hashiras, training sessions were an integral part of everyday life. On this particular day, you and Muichiro found yourselves engaged in an intense sparring match, honing your skills under the clouded skies and chilled winds.

As the training session progressed, you and Muichiro faced off, exchanging swift strikes and evasive maneuvers. The air crackled with energy as the clash of swords echoed throughout the training grounds. Your movements were synchronized, a dance of strength and agility.

Amidst the flurry of action, a moment of miscalculation occurred. In a swift twist of fate, you lost your balance, your body toppling forward in an ungraceful tumble. Time seemed to slow as you realized you were hurtling straight toward Muichiro.

In a split second, you braced yourself for an impact, but to your surprise, Muichiro reacted with lightning-fast reflexes. With a quick shift of his body, he effortlessly caught you, his arms wrapping protectively around you.

The world spun around you as you found yourself cradled in his strong embrace. Your breath caught, your heart racing from the sudden closeness. Muichiro's face was just inches away, his gaze locked with yours, a mix of surprise and concern reflecting in his eyes.

For a brief moment, you both remained frozen, the air heavy with tension. Time seemed to still as the warmth of his body seeped into you, his pounding heartbeat resonating through your chest. It was an intimate closeness you had never experienced before.

"Are you alright?" Muichiro murmured.

You nodded, your voice shaky. "Yes, thank you. I- I didn't expect that."

Muichiro's grip loosened slightly, allowing you to regain your balance. As he carefully set you back on your feet, he looked away. A blush adorned his cheeks, matching the rosy hue of your own.

"(Y/N), I hope I didn’t step over any boundaries… catching you like that," he said, voice lilted with regret.

You placed a hand on his arm, reassuring him. "Muichiro, you didn't overstep anything. Don’t worry about it—I’m grateful you caught me."

A flicker of relief crossed his face, and he let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding.

In that instant, your eyes locked, and you shivered. Both sets of eyes were open and longing—your moment of vulnerability and trust—etching a deeper bond between you two. 

Gathering your courage, you took a step close. "Muichiro… I- I don’t know how to say this but… I like you," you said, your hot breath brushing his lips.

His eyes widened, shock mingling with a tint of hope; but then he shut his eyes. "What does that mean?" he strained.

A small smile tugged at the corners of your lips. "Muichiro, Muichiro, Muichiro. Isn’t it obvious?"

He breathed in—trying to calm himself—as a mix of emotions played across his face. 

“Sped-up breaths, heightened heart rate, and crimson-tinted cheeks… can’t you tell me what these signs mean?” you continued, anticipation coursing through your veins.

Instantly, he drew you in, growling, "Testing me, aren’t you?" Everything about him sent shivers down your spine. 

Eyes wide, you nodded slowly. "Muichiro…" you murmured.

He laughed gently at your desperation and closed the distance between you. Lips met lips in a yearning, needful bliss. 

You melted into his embrace, savoring the Hashira’s taste and warmth. 

When you finally pulled away, breathless and flushed, Muichiro smirked and pulled you close in his arms. "I'm grateful to have you, (Y/N)," he murmured in your ears.

You tucked your head in his neck, hugging him tighter.