Kissing Mui's Chapped Lips | Teen Ink

Kissing Mui's Chapped Lips

By jellifish DIAMOND, Foster City, California
jellifish DIAMOND, Foster City, California

You offer Muichiro chapstick—and a little something else.

You couldn't help but notice Muichiro's lips, slightly chapped from the dry air. They appeared dry and in need of some care. A small smile tugged at the corner of your lips as you reached into your pocket, retrieving a small tube of lip balm.

"Muichiro, your lips look a bit dry. Here, let me help," you said, holding out the tube.

He blinked, momentarily caught off guard by your words. The sight of you, offering a solution to a simple problem, warmed his heart. With a gentle nod, he accepted the lip balm, silently appreciating your thoughtfulness.

Unscrewing the cap, Muichiro applied a small amount of the balm to his lips, feeling the cool and soothing sensation immediately. As he finished, he met your gaze, gratitude evident in his eyes.

"Thank you," he whispered softly, his voice barely audible.

You smiled warmly, a tinge of pink dusting your cheeks. The tender moment between the two of you felt almost ethereal. As you gazed at Muichiro, an overwhelming wave of affection washed over you, prompting a courageous decision.

Leaning in, you closed the distance between you, your eyes fluttering shut. Your lips brushed gently against his, conveying a depth of emotion that words couldn't capture. It was a tender and sweet kiss, a testament to the unspoken connection that had blossomed between you.

Time seemed to stand still as the world melted away, leaving only the warmth and softness of the moment. The kiss was brief, but it held a world of meaning. When you pulled away, a mix of surprise and realization danced in Muichiro's eyes.

"Y/N," he murmured, his voice barely audible above the soft breeze. "I... I care deeply for you."

You took a moment to catch your breath, a shy smile gracing your lips. "I care for you too, Muichiro. More than words can express."

A sense of tranquility settled over the both of you, knowing that the bond you shared had deepened in that intimate exchange. Hand in hand, you walked back down the hillside, feeling the weight of the world lifted off your shoulders.

And as you walked side by side, the memory of that sweet kiss remained etched in your hearts, a symbol of the love that had blossomed between two kindred souls.