Hansel and Gretel (The Witch's Story) | Teen Ink

Hansel and Gretel (The Witch's Story)

By likestocleaveminotaurs BRONZE, Fort Pierce, Florida
likestocleaveminotaurs BRONZE, Fort Pierce, Florida

"Do a barrel roll!"

Those kids have been tormenting me since they could walk. They would break my flower pots, pull up my garden and throw rocks at my cats. They are always eating the candy that I make my house out of, and they leave a wake of destruction wherever they go. They’ve caused so much trouble their parents don’t even want them any more. Their stepmother is always leading them deep into the middle of the forest, hoping they won’t return, and they somehow always find their way back. But I know their secret: The older one leaves behind bits of bread, so they can find their way back home. I have a plan that will make sure they never come back.

First, I will follow them when their mother leads them out into the woods. I will collect all the bits of bread, so they cannot find their way home. After they discover they are lost, they will have used all their food and will begin to grow hungry. They will then remember about how my house is made of candy and will come to eat it. And I will be waiting. I will kidnap them and make them think that I am going to eat them, only to let them escape right before I do. They will be so terrified they will never to return, and leave me and my cats alone. Hopefully this works.

VagueDust BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado

life. camera. instant viral video hit.

Do Goldilocks, and little red!

kristi421 GOLD said...
kristi421 GOLD, Waverly, Kentucky

Love isn't about ridiculous little words. Love is about grand gestures.

hahahaha! this is great!

brainiac SILVER, Grove City, Ohio

Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the future.

Very creative twist! Like it.

MalorieP said...
this is really good and i never thought of it this way i think that i am going to use the witches pov for my story too, its such a great spin.!

Lol. in the original story she eats them

Aamna BRONZE said...
Aamna BRONZE, Burlington, Other

"Happiness come to those who wait"

Wow. This is an interesting take on the story... I never thought of the witch to be a semi-good-guy. Good work. Please check out my story, Precarious Pursuit!

THEskaMuFFin BRONZE, Berthoud, Colorado

"Desire is the cause for all your sickness and misery"
"When you realize how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky."
—Budha

I like this but in the origional story the kids don't escape. She really eats them..

SmilingFool GOLD, Merrickville, Other

There is no certainty, only opportunity
- V for Vendetta

I mean head :p

SmilingFool GOLD, Merrickville, Other

There is no certainty, only opportunity
- V for Vendetta

Makes her sound more clever than just a had in an oven to finish a stereotypical fairytale :)

Tori.Lovett GOLD, Alexandria, Louisiana

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth
--------
The wastebasket is a writer's best friend. ~Isaac Bashevis Singer

I like it. Makes the witch seem like the good guy. Love it. I Wish it was more detailed and longer though.

zman1 PLATINUM said...
zman1 PLATINUM, Bethesda, Maryland

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

I really like this. What inspired you to write it? It also answered one of my questions about what happened to the bread crumbs. I always thought that birds ate them. I also liked how you treated the witch as a sympathetic character.