Trapped In An Elevator | Teen Ink

Trapped In An Elevator

By David Key BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
David Key BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

“Hold the Elevator!” a man yelled while sprinting away from the building’s security guards. He swooshed into the elevator and frantically slammed the top floor button like a madman on coke. The doors seemed to close slower than they ever have before, and the security was within a matter of seconds away. Finally the doors sealed and the elevator started to gracefully rise.
“HAHAHA that was fun!” said a high pitched yellow sponge. “What are you here for?”
“Yeah, I’m here to become an animator,” replied the tall skinny man holding a black binder.
“Sweet barnacles, may I take a look?”
“Umm, I suppose a little look-see wouldn’t hurt.”
The high spirited sponge eagerly took the binder.
As he began to open it, the man said, “Oh, by the way, I am Tom Green,” as he put out his hand.
“It’s a pleasure to meet you, I’m Spongebob,” he giggled as he pointed to his nametag.

“Oh, how quaint,” commented a seemingly toned deaf man in the corner. “I’m in an elevator with a convict and an extremely annoying talking sponge.”
“HAHAHA, It’s a pleasure to meet you sir,” replied Spongebob.
Not even acknowledging his existence, the older white haired man just glared at the elevator door hoping that it would just open already.
Trying to continue the conversation Spongebob said, “That’s a really nice suit you got on there, it almost looks just like mine.”
“Oh, when is my misery going to end?”
Spongebob giggled. “You remind me a lot of my best buddy Squidward.”
All of a sudden the elevator stopped. “Are we already there?” Spongebob asked.
Diagnosing the situation, Tom Green yelled, “No, not yet! I promised my dad I would get a jobby! I am going to be an animator!” The security had stopped the elevator. Tom Green eagerly examined the elevator trying to find a solution. He knew they were coming in a matter of seconds he could feel it embellishing his gut. Out of desperation, he started to leap and slam the elevator ceiling and insanely charge the walls. Losing all hope he curb stomped the wall, leaving a gaping hole with stray and split wires dangling. The elevator began to ascend. Tom Green had snapped the wires that were responsible for performing the emergency stop function.
Spongebob screamed, “HURRAH!” as he ran in circles with his arms raised to the sky. “We just escaped the evil wrath of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy’s arch enemy, Manray.”
Tom just stood calmly but in an enlightened mood. “May I have my binder back now please?”
“Silly me, I haven’t even looked at it with all this excitement.” Spongebob opened the binder containing cartoon sketches and speedily analyzed and flipped through them. “This is the most awesome thing I have ever seen!” as he joyfully gave him back the binder. They glanced over at the floor number. It displayed the #48. There were only two floors to go. Excitement and tension rose as Tom Green knew that some of the security would be waiting. Determined to become an animator he brainstormed ideas of how to get past the eager guards. It was now floor 49, and as if time sped up, it was now floor #50, the top floor.
The elevator creaked to a stop, and as the heavy shiny doors started to crack, Spongebob said, “Uh Oh, what if it’s Manray and he is waiting for us.” In the blink of an eye, Spongebob morphed into a yellow spongy umbrella. “Let’s team up and stop Manray’s evil plan to cause misery and pain.”
The doors opened and Tom Green grabbed the umbrella version of Spongebob and plowed through the security guards knocking them over like bowling pins.
As the head security guard recovered from being knocked down, he said, “Man, we need a lawyer.”
The older looking man in the elevator instantly said, “Hi, I’m Attorney Peter Francis Geraci.”

In this piece, we were supposed to write a story including 3 different personalities that are trapped in an elevator.