(Green Day) So Much For My Hopes | Teen Ink

(Green Day) So Much For My Hopes

June 27, 2010
By GraceGallows PLATINUM, Plainville, Massachusetts
GraceGallows PLATINUM, Plainville, Massachusetts
41 articles 32 photos 13 comments

Billie Joe Armstrong's P.O.V

I was HAVING A BLAST on a HOLIDAY when i walked on BOULAVARD OF BROKEN DREAMS. While i was walking i saw an AMERICAN IDIOT. Who is SHE; I remember her face but WHATSERNAME? Maybe WHEN I COME AROUND again that EXTRODINARY GIRL will be there again. When I got home I sat down on my bed thinking about her. I could not get her out of my head.
“ARE WE THE WAITING?” I asked my band mate Tre Cool.
He looked at me confused.
“What’s going on Billie?” He asked me as he sat down on a chair nearby.
“I saw this girl…I knew her, I can’t remember the name but the face is in my dreams so much lately” I replied
“Billie, she’s just a girl” He told me as he walked out of the room.
I feel like I have a restless heart, RESTLESS HEART SYNDROME, yea some kind of heart-ache pain.
The next day I went down to the boulevard again. The girl was there again.
“Hey, I’m Billie” I said to her.
“Hi, I’m Gloria” She replied.
Her voice made my heart melt and my thoughts drift. It was as if I was at a party and got really drunk. Like SHE was the party and her voice the alcohol that made your head swarm. VIVA LA GLORIA, that’s the party. I found her looking at me oddly. I hadn’t realized until now I’ve been staring at her smiling.
“Uhh, I umm...I’m sorry…” I stuttered.
“Hey you what the f*** do you think you are doin with my girl?” A man asked me.
I jumped at the sound of his voice.
“I…umm, I- I should get going now, look at the time”
My mind was racing, her voice still echoed in my head like a screaming child in a tunnel.
“Christian, he was just talking, calm down” Gloria spoke her voice sending a new wave or excitement running through me.
Christian looks as if there is a roaring fire within him. I better go before I release anymore of CHRISTIAN’S INFERNO. I walked away feeling useless. As if I was the only good guy within a MURDER CITY, a hero, with no power. The knowledge that I cannot have Gloria sinks in and it feels as if 21 GUNS shoot me in the heart all at one time. I looked over my shoulder for one more glance at her beautiful face. I could SEE THE LIGHT in her smile as I walked away holding back tears.
This has been the worst September of my life, just WAKE ME UP WHEN SEPTEMBER ENDS. I got home and went straight to bed that night. Her voice was still stuck in my head. Her voice is the SONG OF THE CENTURY to me. My dreams were filled with Gloria, and only Gloria. My dreams are the closest thing I have to a WELCOME TO PARIDISE. Maybe, just maybe, before I fell asleep, was my LAST NIGHT ON EARTH.

THE END