Wolfgang Chapter 13 | Teen Ink

Wolfgang Chapter 13

August 2, 2010
By CheshireCat PLATINUM, Paducah, Kentucky
CheshireCat PLATINUM, Paducah, Kentucky
47 articles 0 photos 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
We're all mad here


“If anything happens act normal.” I told them.
They shook their heads agreeing. We sat at a table and Kai sat next to me. We all talked for awhile until Kai started staring at the door.

“Hey Catherine,” He asked her. “who are they?”
We all looked at the door and two gorgeous girls. Both tall but one had short black hair that was cut diagonally at he cheeks. The other had long brown hair with light brown highlights that was mid-back length.

“Oh yah they are the two new foreign exchange students.”
Kai kept staring at them and I could feel the jealousy going through me. The short haired girl looked at Kai but quickly moved her eyes.

“Hey Where are they from?” He asked Catherine again.

“The short hair girl is from Thailand and the long haired one is from Hawaii.”

The short haired girl walked to Kai and the long haired one followed confused and angry. They stopped right in front of him and the long haired girl started talking. Kai replied and the long haired girl said her name.

“Kyoko.”

Kai looked at the short haired girl who was messing with his arm. Swiftly moving her hand to trace his veins that showed over his porcelain white skin. He flipped his hand over right as she ran her fingers around it. He said something and she spoke in a melancholy tone.

“Sunee.”

She didn’t talk much but just ran her hands all around Kai’s arm while Kyoko did the talking. Sunee didn’t look at where her hands went but just stared into Kai’s eyes while he followed her fingers with his eyes. Only once or twice did they look at each other and when they did they immediately looked away. Kyoko walked off but seeing Sunee not following her came back and slapped her hand away from Kai’s arm. She grabbed it and pulled her with her back to Mrs. Monroe.

“I don’t like her.” I said harshly to Kai.

“How can you not? She absolutely precious.”

“That’s probably why I don’t like her.”

“Don’t start acting like Paige.”

“I’m not!”

“Yes you are.”

“I just don’t like her touching you.”

“And you don’t like me touching you so what will make you happy?”

“If she didn’t touch you and if you didn’t touch me.”

“What has gotten into you lately?”

“Nothing Kai now leave me alone.”

The bell rang and he was gone. I got up to go to my next classes realizing I had every single class with the foreign demons. The whole time Kyoko looked at Sunee and Sunee stared at me occasionally closing her eyes and looking away. When I got back to Kai’s he was on the couch and I felt myself getting hot again. I sat next to him and he looked at me surprised but it quickly passed.

“The foreign demons are in all of my classes.”

“They aren’t foreign demons.”

“Yes they are.”

“I won’t be home until late now if that’s okay.”

“Why?”

“Mrs. Monroe picked me to teach Sunee English.”

“What about Kyoko?”

“She already knows English.”

“Oh.”

He kissed me and I pulled back as I have been lately.

“What has gotten into you just tell me.”

“I already did. It’s wrong.”

“What is wrong though?”

“Everything.”

“I’m not even going to ask.”

I pulled out my cellphone texting Miki and Catherine to come to his house. They asked where and I told them the best directions I could considering the house was in the middle of nowhere. The bell rang about five minutes later and I quickly got up to answer it before Kai could.

“Miki, Catherine! Thank God you two are here.”

They walked in and looked around the house.

“You live here?” Miki asked

“Yes lets go to my room.”

I led them up the steps and to my room. Logan was already sitting on the bed to my surprise. We closed the door behind us but there was a knock. Kai walked in and put his hands on my shoulder.

“I really want to kill your right now but I’m not.”

“You aren’t?” That was a surprise also.

“No I don’t have the time.”

“Why not?”

“I’m going out of town to pick Paige up and then we are going out of town for the next two days. Everyone is gone so your friends can stay the night. I already locked up everything dangerous because I was gong to leave you here alone.”

Miki looked at him. “Is tomorrow your anniversary with Paige?”

Kai looked at me and I nodded.

“I told them everything.”

He looked at Miki.

“Then yes.”

Logan looked at him and laughed.

“Have fun and try not to kill her.”

“I’ll try.”

“Don’t make her mad.”

“I won’t.”

“And get her to let me get married.”

“Absolutely not Logan Beleaqua Pattinson!”

“Fine but think it over.”

“You are sixteen you are not going to throw your life away before you even have one.”

“I can do what I want you don’t own me.”

“Actually I do since you aren’t eighteen yet.”

“James will give me a wedding.”

“No he won’t.”

“Yes he will because he cares about me being happy.”

“Logan sweetie I have seven girls to make happy one is going to have to sacrifice something.”

“Fine now leave.”

He kissed me and Logan’s heads and this time I didn’t yell at him. He left the room quickly at his vampire speed. I locked the door behind him and Logan glanced at me out of the corner of her eye laughing.

“So the foreign exchange students are vampires?”

“They are?”

“Of course!”

“Kai is in love with them.”

“Maybe Kyoko but he thinks that Sunee is his sister.”

“Seriously?”

“Yes that’s why he called her precious.”

“Oh.”

“You really thought he was in love with her?”

“Yes! He let him touch her and everything!”

“That I do not have an answer for.”
I turned to Miki and Catherine who were watching our conversation.

“Want to stay the night?”

“Sure.” They replied.

We all sat in silence in a circle until Logan started humming then Miki started singing some of the song.

“His little whispers, love me love me.”

“That’s all I ask for, love me love me.” Catherine continued.

“He battered his tiny fist to feel something.” Logan sang.

“Wondered what it’s like to touch and feel something.” I ended the verse and we started the cycle again.

“Monster how should I feel creatures lie here looking through the windows.”

“That night he caged her, bruised and broke her.”

“He struggled closer than he stole her.”

“Violets wrist and then her ankles silent pain.”

“Then he slowly saw their nightmares were his dreams.”

“Monster, how should I feel creatures lie here looking through the windows I will hear the voices I’m a glass child I am Hannah’s regrets.”

“Monster, how should I feel turn the sheets down murder ears with pillow lace. There’s bathtubs full of glow flies bathed in kerosene. Their words tattooed in his veins.”
We fell over laughing because we all knew the song.

“That song should be about my life.” I said through my laughter.

“That song probably is about your life.” Logan told me.
That’s what we did most of the night was just sing laugh and talk. We didn’t go to school at all the next morning but just stayed at the house. When we all woke up at seven in the morning Logan already had wedding catalogs spread out.

“Lets plan my wedding!”

“Your dad said you can’t have a wedding.” Miki had to say.

“Who cares he isn’t the boss of me he’s just ticked off with trying to juggle his anniversary, Claire suddenly being defensive, and his son’s birthday is next week and Paige will be depressed. He’ll be so busy that I’m running away to get married.”

We looked through the catalogs and I couldn’t believe how fast the days went until my friends had to leave and Pete took Logan to his apartment. Kai came home right when I got everything cleaned up. It was midnight and I walked up to his room while he followed me. He locked the door behind him and sat on the bed with me.

“How was your anniversary.”

“Dreadful.”

“How did Paige enjoy it?”

“She hates me now.”

“What did you do.”

“I’m not even going to tell you.”

He kissed my shoulder and it didn’t bother me at all. He grabbed my arms pushing me down.

“What did you do to her, Kai?”

“Nothing of importance.”

“Please tell me.”

“Fine.”

“What did you do?”

“I yelled at her.”

“For what?”

“She wanted to adopt a child.”

“So you yelled at her?”

“She has protection issues.”

“So why couldn’t she have a kid?”

“Because she would get very aggressive.”

“Oh.”

He kissed me and as always I gripped my hands in his hair then clasped my hands around his face. This was bad. It is wrong. But I had a numbness in me that made me not care. But soon enough I started burning again and I pushed him off of me.

“Don’t touch me!”

He looked at me confused and I sat with my arms wrapped around my knees.

“Leave me alone, Kai.”

“I’m the Bi-Polar one. I should be acting like that not you.”

He kissed me again and I shoved him off as before.

“I hate you!”

My body cooled and I clasped my hands around his face again.

“Love me.” I was basically begging him.

“Oh God.” Was all he said.

I started crying and he held me while I held tightly to his shirt almost clinging to him.

“Why don’t you love me?”

“I do.”

“No you don’t you love that little foreign demon!”

“No I don’t.”

“Yes you do!”

“Just go to sleep.”
I did as he said and woke up with my eyes burning still in his arms. That’s how it went the next couple of days. He hung out with Sunee and Kyoko all morning then he would tutor Sunee in the afternoons. Then he would come home and I would have a meltdown. Then it would start over again in the morning. I woke up this morning and Kai was already gone. He walked into the room surprised to see me awake. I got ready for school and drove off. In Mr. David’s class I noticed Kai wasn’t there. I looked out the class window that looked into the hallway even though I don’t know why it was there but I was glad. Kai was leaned up against the lockers with Sunee in his lap. They were laughing and he had his hands in hers. They stopped laughing for a minute and were completely serious. Sunee hugged him and started crying. He kissed her forehead, smoothing back some of her hair. When the bell rang I ran straight to them.

“What is going on?”