Stole My Heart- A One Direction Fanfic: CHAPTER 3 | Teen Ink

Stole My Heart- A One Direction Fanfic: CHAPTER 3

January 29, 2012
By alyssabeliebs21 PLATINUM, LaGrange, Illinois
alyssabeliebs21 PLATINUM, LaGrange, Illinois
26 articles 1 photo 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Never say never


The shutting of the tour bus door hardly muted the immense screams of the fans outside the arena. Anya was the last one to slip into the bus and the pocket of her cambridge peacoat was nearly ripped from its stitches by a desperate fan moments before the door closed.

Still breathing heavily from their rushed exit, the boys stood near the back of the bus to undress from their last wardrobe change and put on more comfortable clothing. Anya awkwardly took a seat near the front and faced the driver. Although she was accustomed to the boys stripping wherever and whenever they wanted, it still made her feel uncomfortable to think they thought she was looking. Outside, security was escorting fans away from the bus so it could leave as safely as possible. It was moving about a half a mile an hour because of the congestion of dedicated girls.

Anya felt a quick, sharp vibration on the seat next to her, followed by a chimy text alert tone. She glanced over to see Liam's phone face down beside her.

“Is it Kelley?!” Liam slid his second arm through his green Jack Wills sweatshirt while he hustled over to grab his phone. He picked it up and his face fell somewhat. “Just mum,” he muttered quietly.

“I'm sorry, bud,” Anya attempted to comfort him.

Liam slumped down next to her and sighed, staring at the black screen in his hand. Anya suddenly felt sullen and glum for him, too. It wasn't that Liam and Kelley's relationship was on the rocks or anything- it was just the typical wear and tear of a long-distance relationship. When they'd first met seven months prior at a Welcome Home party for Anya back in Chicago, they'd completely hit it off from the start. And a month later when they started dating, Anya could see it in Liam's eyes that he was going to give everything he could to make it work, and it did for quite some time. Once the group had headed out on the road, Liam and Kelley were finding it harder and harder to keep up with communication. Calls became shorter, texts were sent less frequently. Liam often sent her cute messages but lately Kelley wasn't finding the time around her school schedule and the time difference for holding a conversation with him. It wasn't her fault- they were living completely different lives. The separation was eating away at him a little bit more every day, Anya could see it.

The bus had finally reached the speed limit and was riding steadily along the expressway in route to the airport. Niall's hearty laugh burst from the back room and Anya could hear Zayn and Harry singing along to a song she couldn't put a name to. In an effort to digress from the rough topic of his love life, Anya talked Liam into joining the rest of the band, and practically dragged him by his collar into the sitting room.

Scattered across the table in the center of the room Anya spotted multiple types of junk food wrappers and empty soda cans. Louis was sitting on one side of the table, deeply engrossed in whatever was open on his screen. Niall was laid across the entire futon, strumming and humming different chords. Anya made her way towards him and sat by his head, which he lifted and rested on her lap once she'd settled. Zayn and Harry were huddled over Harry's phone watching a Youtube video.

Zayn looked up at Liam. “Have you talked to the girlfriend yet, mate?”

Liam was relaxed on the big chair near Zayn and Harry, tossing a football up and down above his head. “No... and I don't think I've talked to her since Sunday...”

Louis shut his laptop and shook his head. “How does that work for you? Doesn't it bother you?”

Liam turned his face into an almost half-smile and held the ball to his chest. “It's complicated. It may drive me crazy that I can't see her everyday or even talk to her... But I can't imagine what it'd be like if we broke it off and I wasn't able to send her messages about how much I miss her and want to see her. Even if I don't get a reply all the time.”

The boys were hushed for a few seconds before the rest of the boys and Anya exploded into a fit of laughter and “lovey-dovey” mockery while Liam sheepishly smiled and blushed slightly.

Zayn recollected himself and said “But really, mate, you should take the holidays to really try to reconnect with each other or somethin'. Maybe even take a breather from it all.”

Liam nodded thoughtfully and everyone else sat in silence, thinking, too. It kind of just hit that the majority of them were going to be taking a few days off from their usual 24/7 company.

As if he read everyone's mind, Harry piped up. “We're all still getting together at my place on the 26th for Louis' birthday, right?”

Everybody nodded and muttered in agreement just as the bus was shifting into park. They'd apparently arrived at the airport.

Almost simultaneously, everyone in the room rose to their feet to give their good-byes. Anya wished Liam a happy holiday and hugged him tightly, with a reassuring shoulder squeeze she hoped he'd pick up. She wandered over to Zayn who gave her a light peck on the side of her head as she hugged him and told him to say hello to his mum and sisters for her. Harry came up behind Anya and pinched her sides, forcing a small yelp from her lips. She turned around and hugged him tightly around his neck, telling him to have a safe flight. Lastly, Anya sauntered over to Niall, who slipped his hands around her torso and clasped his hands securely behind her back.

Niall pouted his lips dramatically. “Don't forget about me,” he whined. Anya giggled and shook her head, pressing her lips to his. She ran her fingers through the back of his hair and felt him smile against her kiss. He pulled away and took her hands from his neck and held them in his own. Anya looked down at his strong hands, grinning when she spotted the matching promise ring on his finger. She felt Niall kiss her forehead gently. “I'll see you in a few days. Don't cause Louis too much trouble,” he added with a snicker.

“No promises,” Anya retorted amusingly.

The inside of the airport was calm and short of travelers so late. After retrieving their belongings, the boys and Anya exchanged final good-bye waves and headed towards their separate flight terminals. Louis turned to Anya once the others had departed and offered her his arm. “Shall we?”

Anya raised an eyebrow and took his arm, trying to keep as straight a face as he was. “To Doncaster!” she nodded approvingly. Louis flashed a gorgeous grin, which, to Anya's surprise and concern, released a few butterflies in her stomach, similar to the ones Niall gave her. Deciding to shrug it off as nothing, Anya followed alongside Louis and boarded the plane.