Logan Lerman's Little Dove {Chapter One} | Teen Ink

Logan Lerman's Little Dove {Chapter One}

February 24, 2014
By Tara_Bites SILVER, La Porte, Texas
Tara_Bites SILVER, La Porte, Texas
8 articles 1 photo 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never take advice from teenagers. Because they don't know what the h*** they're talking about!" -Me


Chapter One: The Day We Met

I was roaming the halls, my Theater Arts book pressed closely to my chest. My dark hair was wrapped around one shoulder, twisted into a braid. I watched the other students at their lockers, wondering what stories were behind their smiles, and generic facial features. I stopped at my locker, twirled the combination, and opened it with ease. Once I put my book into the metal chamber, I closed it gently, not wanting it to cause a disruption to anyone’s conversation. Yet, just as I closed it, I met with adorable bright blue eyes. He had dark hair that was a bit messy, but honestly, it was cute. “U-Um…” he stuttered, looking at the ground. “Hi,” I said, “I’m Tara. What’s your name?” His lightly tan cheeks turned a shade of pink, which made me giggle. “L-Logan… Um… Lerman…” he said, fiddling with his fingers, and looking down at the ground. I brought his chin up with a finger and smiled brightly at him. “It’s okay to be nervous, you know,” I giggled, still smiling, “And that’s a nice name, Logan.” He smiled softly at me and I returned the gesture. “There’s a smile!” He automatically blushed and looked back down at the ground. I giggled softly and said, “Well, I have to go to lunch, okay?” As I started to walk away, Logan grabbed my arm. I turned to look at him, blushing softly. “M-may I join you?” he asked, his eyes flickering from mine to his hand clutching my arm. “Sure,” I replied after slipping my arm out of his grip.

Logan and I sat at a table that barely anyone ever sat at. “So what do you do in your free time?” I asked, taking a bite out of my salad. He smiled at me and replied, “I make mix tapes and watch romance movies.” I gushed, “Me too… well minus the mix tapes.” He chuckled and I fist pumped the air. He questioned, “What are you doing?” I smiled brightly at him and said, “I’m trying to see how many times I can make shy boy here smile or laugh. And I’ve done both so far!” He smiled and I exclaimed happily, “I did it again!” Logan blushed and hid his face in his hands. “Okay, you gotta come out sometime. I don’t bite, promise.” I giggled as he raised his head out of his hands. “You sure?” he asked, a small smile tugging at his lips. “Only sometimes,” I joked, winking a bit. Logan smiled and asked again, “So where are you from?” I replied, “Titusville, Florida. What about you?” “Manhattan, New York.” I gasped and playfully his arm. “Lucky!!!” I exclaimed, taking another bite of salad. Then I did what I’ve wanted to do for a while. I leaned over and ruffled his hair. Logan’s face was beet red. “What’cha blushing about, Logan?” I teased, smirking softly. He looked at me and then turned away slowly. He eventually turned to me again and replied, “Um… y-you uh…” I smiled and finished, “Ruffled your hair?” He nodded, looking at the table again. “Why are you so nervous?” I asked, leaning on my elbows. He thought for a second and then answered, “Because you’re the first person I’ve ever talked to… most people don’t normally pay attention to me.” I smiled and giggled softly. I looked up at the ceiling when the bell rang. “What do you have this period?” Logan asked. “Latin,” I replied, grabbing my Latin book. He sighed sadly and said, “I have Geography.” I pouted softly before saying, “Meet me at my locker after class?” He nodded and we both went our separate ways.

During Latin, I wasn’t paying much attention to Mr. Figs. I kept thinking about Logan and I have to admit, I was really looking forward to seeing him after class. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn’t notice Jason Petrelli, the school jock, staring at me. Mr. Figs said in a calm tone, “Tara, Quid hoc rei est?*” I snapped out of my thoughts, smiled, and replied, “Ego valeo. Im 'iustus cogitante de aliquid. **”


The author's comments:
*Quid hoc rei est means "What is the problem?
**Ego valeo. Im 'iustus cogitante de aliquid means "I'm fine. I'm just thinking about something."

I hope you guys like. I will have a revised one later on.