Pokemon: Training School | Teen Ink

Pokemon: Training School

The Kalos Region, one of the many in the Pokémon world, just like the others it is home to a wide variety of Pokémon. It is also home to the Gold Trainer School, a place for trainers from all over the world to come and become stronger. Today is special day for the school, it’s the day that trainers come to try and win a spot in the school.

Jerome walked under the shade of the trees as he wiped sweat from his forehead. He silently cursed at his map, trying to find himself on it. He sighed, “at this rate I won’t make it in time.”
He thought back to a few days ago when his father had finally agreed to allow him to leave the Johto region and come train at the Gold Trainer School. Now he was lost, tired, and extremely hungry in a place he didn’t know. 
“If I had brought Spearow I could use her to survey the area,” he said to himself, “but nooooo, I had to leave her and Magikarp at home.”
He shook his head and began to run, he had no idea where he was going, but he refused to stay in this forest. After a few minutes he could see a light at the end of the road. Finally the exit!
Jerome burst out into an open meadow, a smile appearing on his face. He began to laugh and yelled to the sky, “I’m still lost! Why am I so happy I’m out of that forest?”
Almost as if trying to answer the question a scream erupted from the forest behind him. A few seconds after a girl ran past him, stopping a few feet away and turning, “come on, we have to get out of here.”
Jerome caught his breath as he looked at her. He tried to speak, but he seemed unable to, finally he just muttered out, “why?”
The girl pointed and Jerome looked to see an Ursaring walking towards them. It growled a challenge and began to pick up speed. The girl screamed and began to back up, Jerome on the other hand stood his ground and grabbed one of his pokeballs.
“What are you doing?” The girl demanded, her face covered in fear and sweat. “that thing is coming right for us!”
“I know.” He smiled and threw the ball into the air, the Ursaring stopping a few feet away to see as a light flashed. The light took on a form and broke apart, a Totodile standing in its place.
Totodile hissed a challenge at Ursaring and seemed to smile. The girl realized it seemed to have the same attitude as its trainer. He called back to her, “don’t worry, this will be a fun show.”