Letters to Home (WW2) | Teen Ink

Letters to Home (WW2)

By KandiceMichelle PLATINUM, Stansonburg, North Carolina
KandiceMichelle PLATINUM, Stansonburg, North Carolina

"Yet God has made everything BEAUTIFUL for its own time. He has planted ETERNITY in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end." -Ecclesiastes 3:11

Dear Annie,

Hello my darling Annie. How are you and Ella? I'm doing fine. They think the war is going to end soon. I sure hope it's true. I'm here in Russia, and the war is reaching a boiling point here. The other troops are fighting off troops in Normandy, and I am on the other side of the war. I'm glad I wasn't here during Stalingrad. I heard that was a very ugly battle.

I wish you would send me another picture of you and Ella. You have no idea how bad I miss you too. I can't wait to get home and hold you and my little girl forever. Only a few more months hopefully. Annie, if something happens to me before I am able to get home, tell Ella I love her, and Annie I love you so much words can't describe.

Please be safe at home, and I promise to do my very best to come home to you and Ella. I love you Annie. Bye.

Love,
George